Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ?'s about suicide....

Lk 12:16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
    17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
    18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
    19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
    20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
    21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
    22 ¶ And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
    23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
    24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
    25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
    26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
    27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
    28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
    29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
    30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
    31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

If a person was fully aware of what they were doing, with intent to end their life(committing suicide), then they went to Hell.

But only God knows that fact.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

The truth is, NONE of us know for sure the fate of any person here. We can assume (I doubt anyone things Mother Teresa is in hell!) but ONLY God knows whose names are written in the Book of Life. And we can't know whether or not they reached out in extremis, and were told "you are forgiven".

I suspect many of us have unsaved loved ones who are truly good people, but who- for whatever reason- have rejected God's plan. My own parents were like that... truly "good", generous people, they probably kept the Commandments better than many church going Christians I've known.

But any witnessing I did seemed to fall on fallow ground.

When Dad died, after 8 years of knowing no one and nothing, I'd been praying for over 10 years that somehow, God would reach him in his mental fog. I had no assurance at all, but I kept praying.

In one of the sympathy cards, came a note from someone in another state- someone who had grown up with Dad, and hadn't seen or thought of him in almost 80 years. That person wanted to tell my mother how grateful he was that Dad had *led him to the Lord* all those years ago!! Apparently, he took him along to Sunday School and somehow, this man credited him for leading him to salvation.

That doesn't explain why he was clearly agnostic in his later years, but it does give me more hope than I'd ever had.. he DID hear the salvation message, and apparently, he did accept Christ as a child.

It's a pity that he didn't continue to grow in the Lord, as he could have had a powerful witness in his life. But I'm thankful for the hope- whether true or not only time will tell- that he WILL be there in Heaven.

And I think that's all any of us can do for those we love... witness as lovingly as we can (I've found actions speak MUCH louder than words), and pray for them... and hope.

Summerthyme

Summer, my heart goes out to you. I believe with my whole heart that none of us ever deserves the salvation that JESUS gives to us, but HE alone can make that choice and I believe that HE knows the heart of your father and that was obviously one of faith that he didn't utter in words but by the way he and your mom treated others. I believe with all my heart and they are both with our LORD and in heaven. Sending love and a big hug honey. From this old lady.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lake rat View Post
    Thank you both for your quick replies, although it took me more than 13 years to face the question. I can't help but think that God knew the terrible pain that she was in and forgave her...but (yea, there's always a but) I hear so much of the one sin that can't be forgiven. I guess my heart and my head have conflicts of what I will not know until I am there.

And yes, I still pray for my mother after all these years....
    According to Jesus, there is only one unpardonable sin:

Mark 3:28-30
    New King James Version (NKJV)

The Unpardonable Sin
    28 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

I have known people who committed suicide, and usually they are extremely depressed. They should trust God, but at that point it's very difficult. I believe God understands what they're going through and does not condemn them to Hell just because they ended their own life. (That's a Catholic teaching, btw.) Where we go when we die only has to do with who our Lord is. If Jesus Christ is our Lord, and we're saved through the blood he shed on our behalf on the cross, he knows his own, and his own will be with him when they die.

Btw, it may comfort you to pray for your mother long after she's gone, but there's no biblical basis for it. What's done is done, she's where she was headed while she was here, and nothing you do now can alter that. I hope you see her when you get to the Lord's side.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by lake rat View Post
    Thank you both for your quick replies, although it took me more than 13 years to face the question. I can't help but think that God knew the terrible pain that she was in and forgave her...but (yea, there's always a but) I hear so much of the one sin that can't be forgiven. I guess my heart and my head have conflicts of what I will not know until I am there.

And yes, I still pray for my mother after all these years....
    The "sin that can't be forgiven" is the blasphemy of the Ruach HaKodesh (The Holy Spirit) as it was proclaimed by Yahshua (Jesus). The other are those sins that are not repented of, for as it is written, "REPENT and THEN be baptized for the forgiveness of sin." If one refuses to repent of violations of YHWH's laws and instructions (1 John 3:4), then forgiveness is not obtainable. One must also remember that ALL SIN CEASES at death, for death is the penalty for sin, violation of YHWH's instructions (laws). She has paid and so did Yahshua.

The teachings of some "earthly" religions about "self-murder" are neither biblical nor correct, and while the destruction of the image of YHWH is not to be taken lightly, YHWH and Yahshua requested a desire for "mercy" to be weightier matters of the Law.

I would suggest you rest your mind about her taking her own life, for neither your worry nor your sorrow will change anything in that matter, but focus your energy toward living a life obedient to YHWH's instructions. Once this is, then let YHWH and Yahshua handle the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    Btw, it may comfort you to pray for your mother long after she's gone, but there's no biblical basis for it. What's done is done, she's where she was headed while she was here, and nothing you do now can alter that. I hope you see her when you get to the Lord's side.
    God exists outside of time, He is all knowing and all seeing, He knew years ago what I would be praying for now.
    I have free will, but He knows what my actions will be, because He knows all, I can't surprise the Omniscient, therefore my prayers ripple through time and space, and it is never too late to pray for someone.
    He never gives up on us, so I refuse to give up on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tygerkittn View Post
    God exists outside of time, He is all knowing and all seeing, He knew years ago what I would be praying for now.
    I have free will, but He knows what my actions will be, because He knows all, I can't surprise the Omniscient, therefore my prayers ripple through time and space, and it is never too late to pray for someone.
    He never gives up on us, so I refuse to give up on anyone.
    Amen to that Tygerkitten. HE will never give up on us and I believe the way you do too. I know my son and my Grandma and Grandpa and others are all in heaven but I still pray for them and I talk to them in my mind and heart. I will continue to do so until we are all together again.

Default I don't know either

This woman committed suicide and God sent her back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGQDkCi-OIY

Dan

If you decide to commit suicide, please have some consideration for those who will have to clean up afterwards. These might include members of your own family.

If your chosen method is the firearm, please do it outdoors and do remember to use a hollowpoint. Halfway measures are very unpleasant for all concerned.