Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: The Shack

Universal salvation is worthy of the condemnation it receives because it tells people that God won't judge sin and so it encourages people to ignore Christ and sin with impunity thinking they can game the system and live their entire lives in rebellion against God and then after they die all they will need to do is say "I believe" and will get into heaven. But God calls those who think that fools. And Christ said the following:

Matt 7:22 Many will tell me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, did not we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?'
    Matt 7:23 And then I will tell them, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.'
    These people who Christ is talking about didn't even buy the full lie of universal salvation but thought that if they just impersonated a Christian a couple of times in their life that after death that would be enough to gain entrance to heaven.

But Christ tells them after death that He never knew them and tells them to depart. Where does Christ ever say that these people can come back to Him? He doesn't because they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    Universal salvation is worthy of the condemnation it receives because it tells people that God won't judge sin and so it encourages people to ignore Christ and sin with impunity thinking they can game the system and live their entire lives in rebellion against God and then after they die all they will need to do is say "I believe" and will get into heaven. But God calls those who think that fools.
    Well, I agree with God! Methinks you do not know my position, forty9er, but assume you do, based on the errors of others, whom you think I am in bed with? Where have I EVER said that God won't judge sin? Never, in my recollection, yet you lump me in with those folks that may say that? They are in error, of course, if they say that. God's righteous judgment against sin is necessary for the people to learn righteousness! And He judges because He loves us! Like an earthly father disciplines the son that he loves!

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    Universal salvation is worthy of the condemnation it receives ...
    It is only condemned by the self righteous who do not KNOW God, nor His wonderful plan to restore and redeem His Whole creation! You may continue to rail against Him, and His love toward His beloved "world", and His mercy, if you think you are so led, but one day, you will realize your error and you will humbly repent and accept His Truth. According to Jesus, The Father has given Him all judgment, and He said that He did not come into the world to condemn the world, but that, through Him, it will be saved!