Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Honor student placed in jail for tardiness and truancy at school

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    this story ANGERS me.. it is heartbreaking.. the judge is a callous bastard..

all i am really finding on this is videos, but a synopsis is,

this poor child is supporting herself and siblings,working full time,AND a part time job while passing AP courses with honors and the judge "wants to make a example out of her"??

i would say she is a GREAT example to other kids..
    We have become a rule driven society. Teachers, managers .. and judges .. need to be given more latitude to do what is right in a given situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Godwit View Post
    We have become a rule driven society. Teachers, managers .. and judges .. need to be given more latitude to do what is right in a given situation.

Jury nullification and it scares them to death.

looking at the picture of that (so called) judge, it seems likely that he will pass on to his personal hell and she can then dance on his grave to celebrate the wonderful life I wish her to produce for herself.

Of course any one with her talents probably has a lot more class than some poor old boy like me would have and would probably instead pray for his immortal soul to be forgiven the evil he has done to her and probably others.

The tyrants are getting meaner day by day.
    Dosadi

III

Van Jones~ "Top Down"
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Just where are the parents and why are they not being hauled into court to provide child support? Why are the parents not charged with child neglect? Something is fishy here. Why doesn't the girl apply for emancipated minor status and tell the judge where to go?
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

parents divorced and took off. She is supporting two siblings, at least one of whom is older (and I assume LAZY). Donations have poured in, to the tune of 100K. Good for her! And that so-called judge should be given a taste of his own medicine
    ~Kate

Mary is the Mother of Jesus and the Mother of all of us even though it was Christ alone who reposed on her knees… If he is ours, we ought to be in his situation; there where he is, we ought also to be and all that he has ought to be ours, and his mother is also our mother. —Martin Luther, Christmas Sermon, 1529.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermantribe View Post
    parents divorced and took off. She is supporting two siblings, at least one of whom is older (and I assume LAZY). Donations have poured in, to the tune of 100K. Good for her! And that so-called judge should be given a taste of his own medicine

And exactly how much of those donations did the courts take to cover court costs... and now that money is pouring in I'm betting mummy and daddy will be coming home to take advantage of their lil cash cows.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

orion commander

Just where are the parents and why are they not being hauled into court to provide child support? Why are the parents not charged with child neglect? Something is fishy here. Why doesn't the girl apply for emancipated minor status and tell the judge where to go?

They caught the last train for the coast. Fled their responsibilities long ago, a perfect analogy for a good percentage of "parents" the last 30+ years.

Consider that in some states a child, 11 or 12 years old can be convicted of murder, or that a teenager is considered a father who can pay child support, even though he has only completed 1 or 2 years of high school and couldn't find a job counting beans, if he can count, or even read and write after attending accredited public schools.

Ms Tran can not drink an alcoholic beverage legally, but she can join the Military with parental consent, if you can find her parents to sign her life away.
    She can even serve in combat, equal death for all teenagers I suppose. She can sign her life and limbs away at age 18, but STILL can not legally drink an alcoholic beverage.
    Rest assured all her adult elders can enjoy watching the war on TV, while drinking alcoholic beverages.

What a sick society.

Just saying in many instances the kids can't win, they are outnumbered, indentured, indebted, enslaved and corralled like cheap livestock easily sent to the glue factory, if the vile farmer-owner decides to get rid of them.

I'm grateful that so many admire this amazing young woman.

Gives me hope - that eventually the despicable corrupt minions et al will eventually finish their lifespans and humanity will have a chance at a fair and decent society for Everyone, not just select groups who happen to have a demographic advantage, for now.

moonarch, I am not criticizing the girl. You make several valid points. What is fishy (as in abnormal) is the court or child protective services not going after the parents. Of course maybe they only go after parents who actual try but do not fit the socially accepted mold. Such as this girl.

If she receives enough money maybe if she becomes an emancipated minor she can tell the judge to stick up his bazoo.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

on the news today: A group (can't remember the name) raised $100,000 for her, and she REFUSED to take it, saying there are kids like her who need it MORE Her attorney got the judge to drop the charge, and it should not be on her record. I bet a smart college offers her a full ride-- she's quite an example!
    ~Kate

Mary is the Mother of Jesus and the Mother of all of us even though it was Christ alone who reposed on her knees… If he is ours, we ought to be in his situation; there where he is, we ought also to be and all that he has ought to be ours, and his mother is also our mother. —Martin Luther, Christmas Sermon, 1529.