Thread: Prince Charles Sided with Islam Over Salman Rushdie

Default Prince Charles Sided with Islam Over Salman Rushdie

Prince Charles Sided with Islam Over Salman Rushdie

April 17, 2014 by Daniel Greenfield 0 Comments
    That’s not a major surprise considering how much Prince Charles has been pandering to Islam. But Charlie’s view was also that of much of the lefty crowd that Rushdie had been part of.

The Vanity Fair piece on the writers who defended Rushdie screens out that larger truth.
    Martin Amis tells Elie that Prince Charles refused to support the British-Indian Rushdie. “I had an argument with Prince Charles at a small dinner party,” Amis recollects. “He said—very typically, it seems to me—‘I’m sorry, but if someone insults someone else’s deepest convictions, well then,’ blah blah blah . . .
    And I said that a novel doesn’t set out to insult anyone. ‘It sets out to give pleasure to its readers,’ I told him. ‘A novel is an essentially playful undertaking, and this is an exceedingly playful novel.’ The Prince took it on board, but I’d suppose the next night at a different party he would have said the same thing.”
    Considering the fact that Charlies hasn’t a single original thought in his head, that’s not surprising. But some of the massacres in the Middle East seem to have woken him up a little bit.
    “It seems to me that we cannot ignore the fact that Christians in the Middle East are, increasingly, being deliberately attacked by fundamentalist Islamist militants. Christianity was, literally, born in the Middle East and we must not forget our Middle Eastern brothers and sisters in Christ.
    “For 20 years, I have tried to build bridges between Islam and Christianity and to dispel ignorance and misunderstanding. The point though, surely, is that we have now reached a crisis where the bridges are rapidly being deliberately destroyed by those with a vested interest in doing so, and this is achieved through intimidation, false accusation and organised persecution, including to Christian communities in the Middle East at the present time.”
    Charles is being a bit vague about the culprits, though he apparently does get around to calling them, “fundamentalist Islamist militants”.
    And I wouldn’t be too confident that he wouldn’t take the same line on The Satanic Verses today.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Illinois 35 miles beyond the Chicago Mafia's reach

Prince Charles would become king if Queen Elizabeth stepped down.

I think Prince Charles is the reason Queen Elizabeth WON'T step down.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

Default right

I've never paid attention to the royals over there.
    I read the headline of the first post and your comment was exactly the first thought that popped into my head. Somethings rather off with that guy.

Charlie was, and is, a vapid f-tard. Additionally, I'm given to understand that there are, or were, quite a number of the House of Windsor that are, shall we say, a bit touched.