Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Perry Stone changes shirts in the middle of his video

Quote Originally Posted by LabbyLove View Post
    Never heard of this guy Stone before this thread. Not sure how good or bad he and his teachings are, but I know if he hangs out with the likes of Paula White and that crowd then he is most certainly worth taking a pause to check him out.

I don't feel badly for these people that we are discussing them. They are big boys and girls. They have put themselves out there and their teachings and motives should always be looked at carefully. Anyone that takes it upon themselves to teach others should be looked at and yes, discussed especially if we suspect there might be something off with Biblical teachings.j

I appreciate your efforts Matt, and your motives. YOU are not out there selling jewelry, books, tapes, etc. YOU are putting yourself out there and researching and exposing things that SHOULD be exposed and asking nothing in return. YOU are protecting Christians and our Father will thank you for protecting the flock one day. I pray for you and your family and for your peace and protection. I think your motives come from love. Not everyone will agree with you on things, but no one can question your motives.
    That evidence was from 2004. Before you accept the evidence as cause to judge the man, I would think that you would want to know if he has changed since then. It is the correct thing to do.

For the record, I don't personally listen to Mr. Stone. But I have found that our journey should be far more about loving one another and sharing the truth of the Gospel message and leave the rest to Him.

If we share the truth of the gospel and point people to know Him personally, then they can discern the teachings of various people out there through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

It is along the same idea that if you teach someone to fish they are equipped for life but if you give them a fish to eat, they will be hungry again. What Matt is trying to do is give people fish making them more dependent on him for future discernment. Instead, Matt should be sharing the gospel message and the truth as he sees it and pointing them to a personal relationship with Christ and trusting Him to help them discern who is and is not someone honoring scripture.

If we share the truth of the gospel and point people to know Him, He will guide them to discern correctly and if there is no one listening to false teachers then they do no harm.

Above all, we need to honor our Lord in letting our light of our blessed hope shine in our life to a dark world.

Bank tellers don't learn all the versions of counterfeiting - they study the real thing and then they can always recognize a counterfeit.

That is how we contend for the faith. Not taking shots at brothers and sisters in Christ that does not reflect compassion, love, and grace.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
    (Romans 12:2)
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by LabbyLove View Post
    Never heard of this guy Stone before this thread. Not sure how good or bad he and his teachings are, but I know if he hangs out with the likes of Paula White and that crowd then he is most certainly worth taking a pause to check him out.

I don't feel badly for these people that we are discussing them. They are big boys and girls. They have put themselves out there and their teachings and motives should always be looked at carefully. Anyone that takes it upon themselves to teach others should be looked at and yes, discussed especially if we suspect there might be something off with Biblical teachings.j

I appreciate your efforts Matt, and your motives. YOU are not out there selling jewelry, books, tapes, etc. YOU are putting yourself out there and researching and exposing things that SHOULD be exposed and asking nothing in return. YOU are protecting Christians and our Father will thank you for protecting the flock one day. I pray for you and your family and for your peace and protection. I think your motives come from love. Not everyone will agree with you on things, but no one can question your motives.

thank you, labbylove.......

I am in agreement.......

matt-two-four.......

bless you for your patience.......

and sharing your discernment.......

I haven't been able to disagree with you yet.......

may GOD bless and be merciful to you and yours.......
    For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow..............Ecclesiastes 1:18

LORD please forgive us our unkind, unloving ways.........ALL OF US..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraOiHUltak

Thanks for those posts, LabbyLove and sorrow. I too am in agreement.

Matt TwoFour, I thought you did a remarkable job with your responses.

And now I'm off to check out your book - it certainly looks interesting. Thanks in advance for that.

Pride is a sin and always arguing to the bitter end because you are always right is pride. No need to pull the "judge not/ plank in your own eye" card. I know I am a sinner and Jesus has forgiven me much. I cry when I think that Jesus chose me in all my unworthiness. I am filthy in light of His holiness.

I believe we are to have a teachable spirit. I want to know if I'm being deceived. I pray for discernment every day and am not so pompous to believe I couldn't be deceived. Adam and Eve lived in Paradise and in the presence and majesty of God. Can you even imagine? How awesome must that have been?! They had it all. No pain, no sorrow, no sickness or a worry in the world. Yet they succumbed to the wiles of the devil. He's had thousands of years to practice his craftiness. We must rely on Jesus at all times because without Him we can do nothing.

1 John 4:4

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Matthew 26:41

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Yes, we have the Word of God and the Holy Spirit but we can also learn from one another. We will be growing and learning until the day we die. We are commanded to expose false teachers in the Bible. We should be screaming from the rooftops warning one another. Pray, pray and pray some more for the lost to be saved. We need to plant as many seeds of truth as possible and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.

In these last days those that would lead Jesus' followers astray are increasing in number. Jesus warned us of the great deception and falling away that was to come. The wolves came in to the churches as soon as He left this earth. The majority of televangelists are charlatans. They grow rich on the money they manipulate from the people with their Beg-a-thons. It amazes me how unbelievers can spot a phony but we can't? No wonder Jesus calls us sheep because sheep are some of the dumbest animals out there. Did Jesus or the Apostles sit in a chair that looked like a throne, have a private jet, luxurious cars, a mansion(s), wear expensive clothes, have millions of dollars, travel the world etc.? Oh that's right, they travel to spread the Good News. So they quote scripture, big deal. Even the devil knows scripture. Why aren't they feeding and clothing the poor instead of living like royalty?

We are in a WAR and in this time in history, the war drums are beating louder. A soldier never underestimates the enemy and is ever vigilant because your life and those around you depend on it. You snooze, you lose. Too big a price to pay in my opinion. Every soul is precious to God.

1 Peter 5:8

8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

BTW Read your book last year Matt. Really appreciate all your hard work.
    Revelation 1:17-18 (King James Version)

17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
    18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Sorrow, SeekingHisTruth, and CherryBlossoms--

Thank you sooo much for the encouraging words. I'm a little verklempt. CherryBlossoms--for me, yours are wise words. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Blossoms View Post
    We are in a WAR and in this time in history, the war drums are beating louder. A soldier never underestimates the enemy and is ever vigilant because your life and those around you depend on it. You snooze, you lose. Too big a price to pay in my opinion.
    I love Jesus' prescribed prayer for the 'end times'-- "Pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen." I pray that prayer daily for my family, myself, friends and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Blossoms View Post
    Pride is a sin and always arguing to the bitter end because you are always right is pride. No need to pull the "judge not/ plank in your own eye" card. I know I am a sinner and Jesus has forgiven me much. I cry when I think that Jesus chose me in all my unworthiness. I am filthy in light of His holiness.

I believe we are to have a teachable spirit. I want to know if I'm being deceived. I pray for discernment every day and am not so pompous to believe I couldn't be deceived. Adam and Eve lived in Paradise and in the presence and majesty of God. Can you even imagine? How awesome must that have been?! They had it all. No pain, no sorrow, no sickness or a worry in the world. Yet they succumbed to the wiles of the devil. He's had thousands of years to practice his craftiness. We must rely on Jesus at all times because without Him we can do nothing.

1 John 4:4

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Matthew 26:41

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Yes, we have the Word of God and the Holy Spirit but we can also learn from one another. We will be growing and learning until the day we die. Pray, pray and pray some more for the lost to be saved. We need to plant as many seeds of truth as possible and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.

In these last days those that would lead Jesus' followers astray are increasing in number. Jesus warned us of the great deception and falling away that was to come. The wolves came in to the churches as soon as He left this earth. The majority of televangelists are charlatans. They grow rich on the money they manipulate from the people with their Beg-a-thons. It amazes me how unbelievers can spot a phony but we can't? No wonder Jesus calls us sheep because sheep are some of the dumbest animals out there. Did Jesus or the Apostles sit in a chair that looked like a throne, have a private jet, luxurious cars, a mansion(s), wear expensive clothes, have millions of dollars, travel the world etc.? Oh that's right, they travel to spread the Good News. So they quote scripture, big deal. Even the devil knows scripture. Why aren't they feeding and clothing the poor instead of living like royalty?

We are in a WAR and in this time in history, the war drums are beating louder. A soldier never underestimates the enemy and is ever vigilant because your life and those around you depend on it. You snooze, you lose. Too big a price to pay in my opinion. Every soul is precious to God.

1 Peter 5:8

8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
    Everything you posted is 100% correct. Every scripture you post is a warning to the believer to be vigilant. It does not tell us to seek the counsel of folks like Matt to protect us.

And I agree that pride can be a serious problem. It is prideful for one man to claim that he can point to another man and say that he is a false teacher by using what he did years ago and by making one thing a line in the sand and throwing stones rather than lovingly showing and sharing concern with his doctrines and prayerfully, pleading that people seek the Holy Spirit in guidance in whether or not they should be listening to what he is saying.

1 Corinthians 13 1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Jesus teaches us in Matthew 5 that we are to love everyone - even our enemies. Shouldn't we see more love to honor our Lord than is being shown to Perry and others that people disagree with?

We can share with each other what we have learned and we should.
    But ultimately, the judgment calls of one being right and the other wrong, except for the gospel message of who are savior is and how to be saved - is a judgment call for God alone to make and for Him to teach the discerning heart.

Unless of course the person is in your congregation and you have the personal responsibility as outlined in Matthew 18 to counsel them in their ways.

Mark 9 passage applies to those outside of our congregation.

If everyone has a personal relationship with Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit as their counsel there is no need for other men, or women, to point to another and say they are a false teacher. Share what you believe to be false teachings and offering prayer instead of dragging things from the past that may or may not have relevance and trying to paint the man as someone to be shunned from the body of Christ. That does not honor the commands of Christ to love one another.

Again, I used to do what Matt is doing and have grown in my relationship with Christ and have come to realize that Jesus will respond to every heart who is seeking the truth.

If everyone seeks Him and hears His voice in His counsel then it doesn't matter how many false teachers or doctrines that are out there if no one is listening. Do we care how much monopoly money is out there?

Unless of course someone thinks the Lord is lacking in His shepherding skills to tend His sheep.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
    (Romans 12:2)
    Amen!!!!!!!!!!!

There are scripture verses that affirm the gift of teaching.

Mark 16:15 (KJV)

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

1 Corinthians 12:28 (KJV)

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healing, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Regarding speaking out about false prophets and teachers:

Romans 16:17-18 (KJV)

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2Peter 2:1-3 (KJV)

1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
    3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 (KJV)
    13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
    And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

The ministry of teaching and preaching had to continue after the Apostles were gone. All members of the Body of Christ have been given spiritual gifts.
    Revelation 1:17-18 (King James Version)

17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
    18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Gal 5:14-16 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Regardless of what I think about Perry why do we need the dueling scriptures here? Agree to disagree and walk away from it. Even if your position is the right one what is being accomplished here is not bearing good fruit.
    "Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."