Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Paid egg donor wanted

Default Easily answered, Easyrider...

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    In all seriousness, and truly without any malice, why not simply adopt? I am of the belief you will be harming the mother that carry's this child. I don't care what she feels right now. After she has that child, she will never ever forgive herself for giving it away.

For me, this is really a tragedy full of good intention. Sorry.
    Because I don't believe in it for myself. For me, that would be voluntarily making myself a cuckold, the human equivalent of avian victims of cowbirds, magpies, whydahs, and other brood parasites. Think of a house that you have to pay the mortgage on, maintain, can visit, but you can never stay the night. That's how adoption would feel for me.

I am aware that many people feel differently than I do. And, I understand well the social utility in stably-married heterosexual couples adopting.

Oh, and healthy white infants are few are far between WRT adoption in the U.S. post-Roe vs. Wade, and nearly as expensive to obtain as what we're doing. (Adopting an 8-YO black crack baby with lots of "special needs" I wouldn't consider doing at gunpoint.) And, I have some pretty good genes that I believe are a public service to pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    (Adopting an 8-YO black crack baby with lots of "special needs" I wouldn't consider doing at gunpoint.) And, I have some pretty good genes that I believe are a public service to pass on.

I just don't understand why you have never been eternally banned from this forum!

You make me want to puke!

You don't deserve a child and, please, don't call yourself a Christian! You are an embarrasement to the true Christian Bride!

Default Songbird...

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
    I just don't understand why you have never been eternally banned from this forum!

You make me want to puke!

You don't deserve a child and, please, don't call yourself a Christian! You are an embarrasement to the true Christian Bride!
    1) The mods are considerably smarter than you.

2) I can't fix the world. I figure that each group should take care of its own; if it chooses not to, that's on its head, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
    [...]
    The forum has taken a very strange turn lately.....in my opinion.
    -
    -

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    Because I don't believe in it for myself. For me, that would be voluntarily making myself a cuckold, the human equivalent of avian victims of cowbirds, magpies, whydahs, and other brood parasites. Think of a house that you have to pay the mortgage on, maintain, can visit, but you can never stay the night. That's how adoption would feel for me.

I am aware that many people feel differently than I do. And, I understand well the social utility in stably-married heterosexual couples adopting.

Oh, and healthy white infants are few are far between WRT adoption in the U.S. post-Roe vs. Wade, and nearly as expensive to obtain as what we're doing. (Adopting an 8-YO black crack baby with lots of "special needs" I wouldn't consider doing at gunpoint.) And, I have some pretty good genes that I believe are a public service to pass on.
    Very interesting perspective.
    Methinks you are prouder of yourself than you need to be
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Very interesting perspective.
    Methinks you are prouder of yourself than you need to be

Wow, after reading his posts over the last several weeks I have to say is WOW.

Hey, MNS what would you do if your baby girl grew up and rebelled, got pregnant from a black muslim activist. Would you reject that girl and baby as a bastard child? Its a risk we as parents face. Heck even the most godly parents have children who rebel.
    “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” - George Orwell
    Ephesians 6 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand

Default Good question, EWNC...

Quote Originally Posted by EWNC View Post
    Wow, after reading his posts over the last several weeks I have to say is WOW.

Hey, MNS what would you do if your baby girl grew up and rebelled, got pregnant from a black muslim activist. Would you reject that girl and baby as a bastard child? Its a risk we as parents face. Heck even the most godly parents have children who rebel.
    And, you're certainly right that even the best parents have children that go far astray. Still, though, the odds of that are far less than for poor parents. You already know we intend to homeschool. I'm a big fan of NO television for the too-young-to-legally drive crowd (most of them, their skills in the 3 R's scream that they don't have that surfeit of extra time to waste on something harmful like that), although my wife is less hard-core on it than am I. And, we're determined to keep any children we have away (especially unsupervised) from the seriously screwed-up kids (products of divorce or bastardy, MTV-watchers, attend public schools, use recreational chemicals, the usual paths to such) until they're of age that their values are set. I'm a big fan of traditional chaperonage on dates for daughters that still live in my house. I figure that unsupervised dates and the period of time between when kid gets home from public school and the first parent gets home from work are when the bulk of teen pregnancies are conceived in intact families; eliminate those situations, you've eliminated most teen pregnancy right there. The pattern that Orthodox Jews use of daughters normally going straight from their father's household to their husband's is of course the rest of what living arrangements would be required to make avoiding bastardy almost certain.

Re what we'd do if that scenario you outlined came to pass, certainly a combination of love, moral and life guidance as possible, and not enabling the behavior would be in order.

Certainly, such a person as you described them getting involved would not be allowed on our property or at family functions; same as if they had a homosexual lover, say.

I think these guys have a pretty good handle on how a parent should interact with children that have gone that astray:
    http://www.helpyourteens.com/tough_love.php

==================================================

Davy, a question: you said "Methinks you are prouder of yourself than you need to be".

How proud (of inborn qualities and positive achievements both) do you believe a person "needs" to be?

Davy, a question: you said "Methinks you are prouder of yourself than you need to be".

How proud (of inborn qualities and positive achievements both) do you believe a person "needs" to be?
    Some of us are fallible
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Default I disagree, Davy...

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Some of us are fallible
    All of us are fallible. That's why we need wisdom from outside ourselves, albeit others may be worse off than ourselves in understanding the correct path. (Any prepper expects lots of the latter.)

[quote=MinnesotaSmith;1405372]And, you're certainly right that even the best parents have children that go far astray. Still, though, the odds of that are far less than for poor parents. You already know we intend to homeschool. I'm a big fan of NO television for the too-young-to-legally drive crowd (most of them, their skills in the 3 R's scream that they don't have that surfeit of extra time to waste on something harmful like that), although my wife is less hard-core on it than am I. And, we're determined to keep any children we have away (especially unsupervised) from the seriously screwed-up kids (products of divorce or bastardy, MTV-watchers, attend public schools, use recreational chemicals, the usual paths to such) until they're of age that their values are set. I'm a big fan of traditional chaperonage on dates for daughters that still live in my house. I figure that unsupervised dates and the period of time between when kid gets home from public school and the first parent gets home from work are when the bulk of teen pregnancies are conceived in intact families; eliminate those situations, you've eliminated most teen pregnancy right there. The pattern that Orthodox Jews use of daughters normally going straight from their father's household to their husband's is of course the rest of what living arrangements would be required to make avoiding bastardy almost certain.

Re what we'd do if that scenario you outlined came to pass, certainly a combination of love, moral and life guidance as possible, and not enabling the behavior would be in order.

Certainly, such a person as you described them getting involved would not be allowed on our property or at family functions; same as if they had a homosexual lover, say.

I think these guys have a pretty good handle on how a parent should interact with children that have gone that astray:
    http://www.helpyourteens.com/tough_love.php

==================================================
    OK, you done did good on dat one
    “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” - George Orwell
    Ephesians 6 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand