Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gasoline storage testimonial

Default Gasoline storage testimonial

I opened up my sealed gasoline vessels today. They are old propane cylinders that I capped off after putting gas in IN 1999. After testing a small amount for volatility, I poured several gallons into the small gas tank on my Toyota thus mixing it with fresh gas. I drove it about 25 miles and it runs the same way it did before. I have no way of telling what the remaining octane is, but the good news is that it is USABLE. I plan on mixing a gallon of fresh premium with about 2.5-3 gallons of the stale before dumping it in the fuel tank in subsequent fillups. S V
    "...Slavery is but the owning of labor and carries with it the care of the laborers, while the European plan...is that capitol shall control labor by controlling wages. This can be done by controlling the money." (Thru central banks via fiat money)

Sir, break down and buy some Pri-g, and it will keep gas a very long time.

Now that you know it burns, the next questions would be: how much if any did it gunk up your fuel system, and how it affected your mileage.

Either way, really interesting, thanks for the post.

Interesting!

I store gasoline in a slightly different manner with "Pre-ban" containers and Stab-il, lots of Stab-il.

I don't keep gasoline more than a year at a time I burn it with the gennie or one of the vehicles mixed with fresh gas.

The biggest challenge this year is finding a filter large enough to accommodate a pour; yet equal to a common fuel filter found in cars.

It's going on several years with this plan and so far so good.

Bushwhacker Guest

gasoline only has a shelf life of about a month. Some implement dealers( John Deere) recommend putting a stabilizer in every tank at fill up. The longer that one holds the fuel, the weaker it gets. Rather than mixing it with good fuel, I would invest in a stabilizer..just my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    gasoline only has a shelf life of about a month. Some implement dealers( John Deere) recommend putting a stabilizer in every tank at fill up. The longer that one holds the fuel, the weaker it gets. Rather than mixing it with good fuel, I would invest in a stabilizer..just my thoughts...
    when I contacted PRI company, the owner, Curtis, said that PRI-G (for gas or PRI-D, for diesel) will keep gas good for a long time and in fact, he said that doubling the amount will bring even very old bad gas, back to perfectly usable condition. Opened, the PRI container will last a year and unopened, almost indefinitely, so he says. I've heard by several people, that PRI is much better that Sta-bil, altho Sta-bil is much better than nothing. rosie

Last year I burned a barrel of 8 year old gas that was treated every year with stabilizer. It had quite the orange tint to the fuel but it burned really smooth. I didn't even mix it with fresh gas but right out of the drum. No problem whatsoever. Now of course I used it in summer. Vaporizing and using it in winter might have been an effort in futility though.
    "Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

I tried some PRI gas we have stored in 150 gallon container in a stand. Outside in the sun and in the winter freeze.

Been a year old, and with PRI, my highway mileage in our Suburban went from 15 to 18 miles per gallon.

Everything I have read and from others sources, swear by PRI not only for "improving" the fuel but also for long term storage.

By it by the gallon, it is worth the price.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    I tried some PRI gas we have stored in 150 gallon container in a stand. Outside in the sun and in the winter freeze.

Been a year old, and with PRI, my highway mileage in our Suburban went from 15 to 18 miles per gallon.

Everything I have read and from others sources, swear by PRI not only for "improving" the fuel but also for long term storage.

By it by the gallon, it is worth the price.
    And Navajo, it's so much cheaper to buy it right from the company, by the case...$76 with freight included. Good barter item, too.

Quote Originally Posted by therosery View Post
    And Navajo, it's so much cheaper to buy it right from the company, by the case...$76 with freight included. Good barter item, too.
    I went to the Power Research Inc website and didn't see where I could buy it? They only direct you to dealers... Do you have to call them?

thanks TW