Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: breaking news:Syria fires into turkey

Exclamation Fresh shots from Syria hit Turkish camp

oh boy this should improve the situation Shots fired by Syrian forces early Wednesday hit a Syrian refugee camp just across the border with Turkey, Turkish media reported.

News channel CNN-Turk showed images of automatic rifle fire toward Turkish territory from a border surveillance building flying the Syrian flag near Kilis in southeastern Turkey.

Several television stations reported that troops had fired at Syrians trying to cross no man's land on the frontier to seek refuge in Turkey from the violence rocking Syria.

Bullets hit a nearby camp of prefabricated buildings without wounding anyone but causing panic among the refugee population.

On Monday, shooting from the Syrian side of the border wounded four Syrians and two Turks on Turkish soil.

The incident angered Ankara on the eve of a visit by UN-Arab League envoy Annan to the refugee camps along the border, while Washington said it condemned attacks on Syrian refugees in bordering countries.

To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticl...#ixzz1rio6cHXh
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Lightbulb Two Lebanese army soldiers cross into Syria, join Free Syrian Army

now this is interesting
    Two Lebanese soldiers crossed the border into Syria and joined the Free Syrian Army, sources told As-Safir newspaper on Wednesday.
    The soldiers, identified as Z.A. and A.A., announced in a mobile text message that they had “joined the Free Syrian Army” and that they were present in the Syrian town of Qusayr.
    The sources added that the two soldiers left on April 1 and that Lebanese authorities requested Syria to arrest them and return them to Lebanon.

To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticl...#ixzz1rjAIq4fS
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

11:07
    Report: Assad forces fire at Syrian refugee camp in Turkey (Haaretz)

Exclamation

12:51 NATO said Thursday it takes its responsibility to defend allies "extremely seriously" after member state Turkey said it may seek help after shootings along its border with Syria.

To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticl...#ixzz1roxVNFpb

Lightbulb Don’t shoot unless targeted, Turkey says

A cotainer refugee camp in southeastern Kilis province hosts Syrian refugees. Turkish soldiers are waiting with ‘their hands on the trigger,’ sources say. AA photo

As shots fired by Syrian forces struck a Syrian refugee camp inside Turkey on April 10 evening, Turkish forces patrolling the camps have been told to be cautious but not to shoot unless targeted.

Diplomatic sources said the Turkish troops are waiting with “their hands on the trigger” but are not authorized to shoot unless Syrian forces directly target them, daily Radikal reported yesterday. Turkish forces were also told to confiscate any guns carried by Syrians fleeing to Turkey, and not to allow refugees into the camps with any weapons.

On the evening of April 10, shots fired by Syrian forces hit a Syrian refugee camp just across the border with Turkey, Turkish media reported. Bullets hit a nearby camp of prefabricated buildings without wounding anyone, but causing panic among the refugee population, Agence France-Presse reported.

Bullets also hit a car owned by a Turkish family while they were visiting their relatives in Aleppo, Doğan news agency reported. Neither Burhan Dalkılıç, the car’s owner, nor any of his family members were wounded; they were not in the automobile when it was shot.

Turkey’s EU Minister Egemen Bağış said yesterday that Turkey would not remain silent about the massacre in Syria, the Anatolia news agency reported. The world is going through times when some people can still kill their own people for their personal ambitions and interests and to protect their political position, he said, adding: “We cannot ignore what is going on in Syria right now. The international community and all United Nations member countries should raise their voices to end the attacks on innocent people.” http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/don...&NewsCatID=338

Turkey needs to roll a tank up there and fire off a round in the direction of the next shot comes across the border.

Exclamation

14:43 Syrian gunfire targeting refugees trying to cross into Turkey hit a camp on the Turkish side of the border on Thursday, the Anatolia news agency reported, the third such incident in a week.

To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticl...#ixzz1rpcSdTDg

Exclamation NATO voices concern after Syria-Turkey border shooting

"We are deeply concerned by events in Syria, particularly the recent incidents on the border with our ally Turkey," NATO spokeswoman Carmen Romero told AFP.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/nat...&NewsCatID=359 "We take our responsibility to protect NATO allies extremely seriously," Romero said.

"We are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to do so." NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen insisted last week that the alliance has "no intention whatsoever to intervene in Syria" as he pressed for a diplomatic solution to a brutal crackdown on dissidents.

But Erdoğan was quoted by Today's Zaman newspaper on Wednesday as saying that "NATO has a responsibility to protect Turkish borders." The Turkish government reacted furiously after shots fired from Syria wounded four Syrians and two Turkish staff working at a refugee camp in Turkey on Monday.

Illinois 35 miles beyond the Chicago Mafia's reach

Default Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    14:43 Syrian gunfire targeting refugees trying to cross into Turkey hit a camp on the Turkish side of the border on Thursday, the Anatolia news agency reported, the third such incident in a week.
    To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticl...#ixzz1rpcSdTDg
    The Syrians have to be
    suicidal to fire at Turks!

Big Mistake!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

..Erdoğan was quoted by Today's Zaman newspaper on Wednesday as saying that "NATO has a responsibility to protect Turkish borders."
    After the 3rd incident Erdogan is now crying for NATO to come and do his dirty work. I'm coming to the conclusion that he is nothing but talk and Assad is calling his bluff.