Actually, Paul states that the law was added because of sin. And yet Solomon states that there is not a righteous man on earth that always does good and never sins....so does the righteous man still need the law?

In addition, I see a difference between a precept and and ordinance/law. The ordinance is a specific requirement. A precept is the underlying truth/principle that makes the specific ordinance correct. Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free...free from what?...the law?...no, free from sin and death.

Free from sin and death because we obeyed the law?...no, free from sin and death because the Holy Spirit informs us about our Maker, makes us know Him. When we know Him, He shows us principles about himself. those principles show us what is right to do, and we do it(obey the law). Then in looking upon the law, we realize that it is true and good.

So for me, even though I don't observe the letter of the ordinance in all instances (although I do in some), I obey the Spirit of that ordinance in every way that I understand to do it.

Example, I don't wear a phylactory (although it is not wrong to do so), but I keep the word of God before me at all times...in my mind as well as flesh.

An example of what I do obey to the letter(except of course for when I don't 8^) ) is the Ten commandments (the covenant)...When one looks at them, there does not exist one of them that one cannot look at and say "it is absolutely true in it's totality and worthy of strict obedience".

We are under a higher law than the Torah in only one sense. That the One who gave the Torah lives in my heart and wrote it there as well...not in the form of ordinanes, but like the profits indicate in places such as Psalm 119, in life giving precepts and guideposts. I am circumcised in my heart, which is greater than my flesh...but my flesh now walks in a circumcised fashion because of my heart(where Christ dwells) which directs it....which is sanctification.

I think an important aspect goes unrecognized regarding the law and the Hebrews. Yes, it was given because of sin to a people who came out of slavery, who had forgotten about God and His truth. But it was given in order to inform them about God and to draw them to Him..the prophets made that clear enough and rejoiced in it. So it was always the precepts of God that drew a man to love God and His law, but for the unrepentant of heart, the law condemned because of his disbelief and disobedience. Like the prophet said "the righteous one shall live by faith"...and Paul said "that which does not come from faith is sin"

On the other hand, the Hebrews made the whole thing into a marriage between human govt and religion. Isn't that what our own founders recognized as nothing new and safeguarded against? Isn't that the whoe beast/Nimrod system in it's essence? Moral law had to be observed and kept and policed...so one had to obey it whether they believed it, understood it or not. Ultimately they refused and rejected God's covenant with them.

It's late and I'm tired, I hope this all makes sense.