Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Critical Items You Must Have To Survive The Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    Going back to the OP...
    Your toothbrush ... don't forget your toothbrush!

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Your toothbrush ... don't forget your toothbrush!

O.W.
    Just use the one you use for cleaning your gun. Got to make these things do double duty. Less weight. LOL

As for the simple paracord survival bracelet.

Read an article yesterday where a guy got lost looking for mushrooms. There may be some speculation about what he did with the mushrooms, and why he got lost, but.....

The guy putting the article up said he also had gotten lost in the woods within a mile from his house.

The point is, if you go into the woods always snap one of those paracord survival bracelets on with the compass and fire starter buckle. Just because you never know.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Just use the one you use for cleaning your gun. Got to make these things do double duty. Less weight. LOL
    Heheheh ... since I was a kid I had a preference for STIFF toothbrushes. Regular brushes just weren't getting the job done and I tend to want to scuff my gums a bit, not that I enjoy the taste of blood, it's the sensation. Some folks swear by floss but I don't like stickin my hands in my mouth and it ain't the same no how.

As a recruit cleaning my rifle after range time I came upon my long sought after tooth brush. Man, you could remove paint with this thing. Couldn't "keep" one while in training but after ordainment as a full fledged troopie I visited the armorer and was given a dozen or so ... still one somewhere.

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Heheheh ... since I was a kid I had a preference for STIFF toothbrushes. Regular brushes just weren't getting the job done and I tend to want to scuff my gums a bit, not that I enjoy the taste of blood, it's the sensation. Some folks swear by floss but I don't like stickin my hands in my mouth and it ain't the same no how.

As a recruit cleaning my rifle after range time I came upon my long sought after tooth brush. Man, you could remove paint with this thing. Couldn't "keep" one while in training but after ordainment as a full fledged troopie I visited the armorer and was given a dozen or so ... still one somewhere.

O.W.
    LOL.

I think they keep some in the gun section at Walmart. The handle is black though. Will that coordinate with your bathroom? LOL just poking.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

LOL.

I think they keep some in the gun section at Walmart. The handle is black though. Will that coordinate with your bathroom? LOL just poking.
    I'll need to consult with my interior decorator but I believe it will. Thanks for the headzup Cary.

O.W.

Er.. OW? Assuming any of the above is serious, I do hope you're aware that tooth enamel is fairly fragile, and they stopped selling 'firm" toothbrushes because they tended to erode the enamel over time...

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    Er.. OW?

Summerthyme
    Hi SummerThyme ... I was, as I often am, being a bit facetious but it is difficult to find a quality brush and although I find having to brush a pain, I enjoy it when I do ... providin I have a good brush.

Some folks rely on the abrasive nature of their preferred dentifrice which I can't help but think introduces a bit of wear ... and then if you examine the fine print on the box, "If swallowed contact poison control"

I'm a bit fortunate that my teeth are in good shape, they ain't sparkly white like they once was but I can still bite through the toughest of overcooked rump roast.

Don't forget your tooth brush!

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by OW
    Don't forget your tooth brush!
    Or the gun oil! Don't know how well that works on teeth? Less friction when you bite something?

Anyway in a pinch you can use a Black Gum stem/twig, just break it right off the tree, and baking soda.

My grandmother had a Black Gum twig in one side of her mouth, and Sweet Garrett Snuff in the other. She sure was a darling.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Or the gun oil! Don't know how well that works on teeth?
    YES, Cary you're all over it ... oil pulling. Saw a thread ... elsewhere, just the other day on the subject. Oil ain't just fun guns no more.

Here's another, seriously, drawing salve https://www.google.com/#q=Drawing+salve

Ya just never know when you'll be out 'n about and penetrate flesh by who knows what. Just how contaminated is that water in the hole over yonder?

If you have to ask yourself this question, conditions are such that you really don't want to find this out.

Walla (voila for you French folk) your drawing salve will extricate any toxins that might have been introduced as a result of your mishap ... get some.

O.W.

Thanks OW,

Me, and Sherree just went through our med. cabinet to check, and sure enough there was some PRID in the there.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him