The OP was about Romans 1:24-27 which is a fairly clear instruction that homosexual sex is wrong with an afterthought post from the OT regarding some of the health issue rules (regarding sex) spelled out by the LORD to those stone age people of the OT. They were not modern humans.

I think a lot of folks fail to grasp that they were primitive people. So many of the OT rules were meant to begin to civilize those folks in my view. That those rules were from the LORD is well understood (then and now) and failure to keep them had serious ramifications. So do violating some of the admonitions in the NT. Would not a good FATHER provide good advice about the best way to go about living? My earthly father was stern in my raising and I was at times in the raising of my sons and g'sons. Violating rules for good living always have ramifications. I and mine learned the hard way often enough. Many modern and ancient people don't and didn't get it.

So then the thread goes 7 pages of BS arguing. Sometimes I really wonder about folks here. Can't see the forest for the trees comes to mind...or straining at gnats...or something about planks and eyes, inter alia.