Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Supply Chain Is Broken And Food Shortages Are Here

Up here in Cow Hampshire, ammo is basically non-existent and the two sporting-goods stores were out of all decent pistols. The only stuff they had left were consignment JUNK in strange calibers. Walmart, however, last week got a shipment of Ruger rifles in various calibers, but mostly 10-22s. I noticed because there was a cluster of about 15 people hanging around that section. Brief inquiries showed that at least 5 of the people were waiting for NICS responses. I'll check again in a few days and see what's left.

Food-wise - we get our veggies from a CSA and our meat from a local producer. The producer has indicated that if TSHTF, that they'll serve their regulars before strangers. We're regulars. ( stuff is better, anyway ) They're sniffing the wind and stamping their feet, too.

Everybody's prepping for a hard winter. I'm in last stages of installing 2nd stove, and have already enough fuel to last until March on order. I have to use kerosene for extra heat, and I've managed to score quite a bit of storage. All we have to do is top-off the propane, and we can lose electricity and be fine. There are some advantages to living in a 1770s Farm House in New England.

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI1QPyeTXps
    ALERT!!! Suttons Daze is reporting that the parent company of Ball, Kerr, Harvest Guard and Bernadin just announced they are FREEZING shipment of ALL products to retailers until March of 2021. So for those of you who were planning on "putting up" the contents of your garden, if you don't already have your jars and lids, you'd better grab them quick.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

BREAKING NEWS: LDS Canneries Halt Canning!

https://www.preparednesspro.com/breaking-news-lds-canneries-halt-canning-2
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post

https://www.preparednesspro.com/brea...halt-canning-2
    The article seems to be from 2013.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    The article seems to be from 2013.
    Yes it is and once again gets caught NOT looking into such things. and just posting Doom And Gloom Headlines, Time and time again this happens~!!! What a loser~!!!! ANd who cares what the LDS church does in the first place~!!!

By Kellene, Preparedness Pro on 4 May 2013 - 1:27pm

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI1QPyeTXps
    ALERT!!! Suttons Daze is reporting that the parent company of Ball, Kerr, Harvest Guard and Bernadin just announced they are FREEZING shipment of ALL products to retailers until March of 2021. So for those of you who were planning on "putting up" the contents of your garden, if you don't already have your jars and lids, you'd better grab them quick.
    Not good news. There are other methods of preserving things. Dig up old books from the late 1800s to 1900 before canning became popular. Pickling, salting, dehydrating, root cellar.

Yes, I know they aren't as convenient, but they will work with some planning.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here." Captain John Parker, to his Minute Men on Lexington Green, April 19 , 1775.

I had to go to a pharmacy that is inside the local Grocery Store.
    I thought to get a few canned hams and Spam for storage
    NOPE! ALL gone,
    I needed a replacement light for my tractor.
    The Local store is affiliated with Ace Hardware
    That is not really a part of this but to state I had to do some chasing.
    I drove 8 miles away to Super 1 with its own Ace Hardware.
    No light but I thought the larger Grocery store would have the canned meats.
    NOPE! They were out too.
    Yes, I found the light I wanted at the 4th place I looked.
    There was plenty of tuna on the shelve at both grocers.

I was in Coeur D'Alene yesterday for an appointment.
    After the Appointment I stopped at a few stores on my way north.
    Costco had plenty of canned fish and chicken.
    There was no Spam or canned hams.
    My sons food allergy does not allow beef (There was canned chili varieties is small quantities)
    Walmart had no canned hams but a small supply of Spam and in store equivalent.
    I picked up a few cans.
    Supermarkets have a few cans of Spam.
    I grabbed some brown gravy packets at 30 cents each. (no dairy of beef products)
    Many shelves were picked over and many bare spaces.
    There was plenty of candy!

I am modestly prepared, but if/when the power goes out, there will be problems.
    I can and have canned meats and I can keep the freezers working for a time.
    Man needs protein.
    Meat will be in short supply and appears the meat shortage is by design.
    There are plenty of cattle of marketable size in the fields but the problem is transportation and processing restrictions.

My local Walmart neighborhood market has been reconfiguring the store for weeks. It quickly added several new self-checkouts weeks ago and they are all functioning. But food products are still being moved around to new places again and again like musical chairs. I'm beginning to wonder if that is a cover for sparse inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

My local Walmart neighborhood market has been reconfiguring the store for weeks. It quickly added several new self-checkouts weeks ago and they are all functioning. But food products are still being moved around to new places again and again like musical chairs. I'm beginning to wonder if that is a cover for sparse inventory?

There were only 3 manned (female) checkouts.
    The 3rd manned (female) checkout opened when I was in another line.
    I would not be surprised that Walmart will soon only have self-checkouts.
    There is always several living, breathing, biological attendants at the self checkouts.
    Traffic flow would be much faster if those people manned a check stand.
    I have seen similar at other stores.