Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just happened to be in Portland today

Default I just happened to be in Portland today

Was probably on TV (Hi Mom!)
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Was probably on TV (Hi Mom!)
    You get arrested?

Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

Default Violence Breaks Out Between Antifa And Proud Boys Despite Heavy Police Presence

Violence Breaks Out Between Antifa And Proud Boys Despite Heavy Police Presence; Bus Attacked, Chased

by Tyler Durden

Sat, 08/17/2019 - 17:00

Update: 7PM EST - At least four people were arrested during Saturday's protest and counter-protest, according to Lt. Tina Jones of the Portland Police Bureau, while one person was taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries according to NBC News.
    And while we're not sure if this is the person, or if the cop did it as described in the tweet below - at least one Antifa appears to have had their head cracked.
    A police officer threw someone to the ground, splitting their head open. The police were on their way towards clearing an offramp where antifascists were blocking the roadway where busses of fascists were trying to get through. #defendpdx pic.twitter.com/Rx9KIIyXfW
    — Keith Rosson (@keith_rosson) August 17, 2019
    The very liberal Andy Lassner - producer of the Ellen show, had some angry words for members of Antifa:
    Hey Antifa, whoever you are, how about you cut it the **** out?

You’re putting millions and millions of us in a position where the right wants us to defend something we want no part of.

You don’t represent me.

Go home.
    — andy lassner (@andylassner) August 17, 2019
    Update: 5:30 EST - While Portland PD did a reasonably sufficient job separating the protesters, there were several scuffles which broke out. In one instance, Antifa attacked conservatives who boarded a bus - hitting and kicking it, spraying mace, and throwing a hammer at one point.
    dude just broke through a bus window and sprayed mace on them from the inside 😖 https://t.co/cjYyaRsbqb
    — Pardes Seleh (@PardesSeleh) August 17, 2019
    Earlier, a small group of conservatives were separated from the larger protest and an older man had his American flag snatched by an overweight Antifa.
    An old man gets assaulted by Antifa and has his American flag ripped from his hands and thrown to the ground. #PortlandProtests pic.twitter.com/vgugrVVMF4
    — The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) August 17, 2019
    Update: 2:30 EST - Things are starting to heat up as Antifa and Proud Boys fill the area. Police have already begun to restrain Antifa protesters who are trying to approach the Proud Boys.
    .@dcexaminer reporter @Julio_Rosas11 is confronted for wearing a shirt with an American flag on the sleeve. A protester is extremely offended. pic.twitter.com/8KCkjjE3ix
    — Andy Ngo (@MrAndyNgo) August 17, 2019
    “I didn’t come to talk, I came to bring it out.” Things are getting tense at the antifa protest. Someone hit a man’s microphone to the ground.

I recognize this shirtless man from Seattle last year at another antifa protest. He came up to me and said, “Death is coming.” pic.twitter.com/mzK2i9y5Gl
    — Andy Ngo (@MrAndyNgo) August 17, 2019
    #Update: Just in - #Portland police are holding back #Antifa, as they seen trying to avoid police to get to the other side of the park at the side of the Proud Boys. pic.twitter.com/uXxCDPXWS3
    — Sotiri Dimpinoudis (@sotiridi) August 17, 2019
    Portland, Oregon is preparing for more violence between the right-wing group Proud Boys and leftists from Antifa - a group of black-clad left-wing extremists who have instigated several bloody brawls with conservatives.

Police learned of the unlicensed protest and the Antifa counter-protest by monitoring social media, according to NBC News, which notes that based on what has been observed, there is concern over possible violence (where masked 100lb basement-dwelling Antifa soy boys get knocked into the next dimension).

In recent years, Portland has become a magnet for protests, some of them turning ugly. Several groups from the far-left and far-right said they will converge in the city's downtown. Police said its nearly 1,000 member force will be on duty.
    "We recognize these events can cause alarm, anxiety and even fear for certain members of our community," said Lieutenant Tina Jones. -NBC News
    #Update: The Side of the Proud Boys erupt in a chanting of "USA USA USA" to get a respond or trigger from the other side in #Portland. pic.twitter.com/kpzjJJHgCO
    — Sotiri Dimpinoudis (@sotiridi) August 17, 2019
    Last year:
    In a Saturday tweet, President Trump put Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler on notice.
    "Major consideration is being given to naming ANTIFA an “ORGANIZATION OF TERROR.” Portland is being watched very closely. Hopefully the Mayor will be able to properly do his job!"
    Major consideration is being given to naming ANTIFA an “ORGANIZATION OF TERROR.” Portland is being watched very closely. Hopefully the Mayor will be able to properly do his job!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 17, 2019
    "I think they come to Portland because it gives them a platform," said Wheeler of why right-wing groups are protesting in Portland. "They know that if they come here conflict is almost guaranteed."
    In 2017, a riot between the groups left the city with shattered windows and other property destruction.
    From a follower who lives in far-left Portland, where political violence is becoming a way of life. pic.twitter.com/0nPDMuic1f
    — Guy Benson (@guypbenson) August 17, 2019
    "It's sad to me because I think that a lot of people that come here to protest don't actually live here or share a lot of values that I believe Portland stands for," said resident Drew Edwards.
    The FBI will be on scene out of an abundance of caution, reports NBC.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ump-puts-mayor
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

Default Where's Lenno?

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

OK, you found me!

Quote Originally Posted by merovingian View Post
    You get arrested?

No, I was the only 'obviously innocent' person there

victim of Antifa, it's a battle of VALUES not politics

OK, you found me!
    Nice bike.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Police dog 1, bad guy nothin':

I went to a big box store east of Portland today, the cashier had multi-colored hair and piercings, in her nose, spools in her ears and tats. Who hires these PPL? Outside a metro bus went past, a passenger had the brightest yellow hair I've ever seen, I'm sure it would be visible from space!

I went to a big box store east of Portland today, the cashier had multi-colored hair and piercings, in her nose, spools in her ears and tats. Who hires these PPL?
    Who cares so long as they show up on time and do a good job?

For all you know, that cashier is the kingpin of cashiers and so good at their job that their boss couldn't care less about what they look like so long as they work for him and not his competition.