Thread: Rooster crowing!!!

Default Rooster crowing!!!

DH bought 6 straight run RIRs to go with the 25 brown egg layers and 25 rainbow egg layers I ordered from McMurray back in Feb. He wanted to make sure we had a rooster for the flock. This morning on my way to the garden I heard someone crowing! Pretty sure from the looks of them at least 2 of the RIRs were indeed roosters. Yahoo, I love the sound in the morning.

Counting down now to my first egg.

lol I wish my DM loved that sound as much as you do.

I love the sound of a rooster crowing as well--as long as he's not standing right outside the back door when he does it.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

I don't even mind the sound of crowing right outside the back door! I wake up in the wee hours of the morning to the sound of a rooster crowing, and sigh with delight. It sounds like LIFE! But then, I don't mind the smell of a buck goat either. Just count me weird...
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Back when we had around 200, I used to get bothered on sleepless nights when I had the windows opened.

I sometimes wondered if the near neighbors were bothered. They were an elderly couple, she is gone on now but he is still with us. I would sometimes give them eggs to maybe make the middle of the night alarm easier to listen to. Think I will start that back up, he is retired but still working to make ends meet.

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    I don't even mind the sound of crowing right outside the back door! I wake up in the wee hours of the morning to the sound of a rooster crowing, and sigh with delight. It sounds like LIFE! But then, I don't mind the smell of a buck goat either. Just count me weird...
    Well, it's rather annoying when you're trying to work and the rooster sounds like he's standing in your living room. I thought that DM was going to kill him today. lol
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

One of the five barred rock pullets I bought turned out to be a rooster. I now have two roosters for my ten hens.

Both roosters are world-class crowers. Often, one crows and the second answers, then a rooster down the road answers, then a rooster across the road answers, then a rooster on the road behind us answers. Sheeeesh! This can go on for an hour! Enough already.
    Impeach the Kenyan!

40 hens, of mixed varieties, 2 roosters, Buckeye and Brown Leghorn. They get along great, each has his harem of gals. Their crows are so completely different, but great to hear. I had a rooster once, a white giant, that crowed ALL the time. 2AM, 11PM and anytime in between. He had to go live somewhere else. These 2 here now are very aware of the clock...lol
    I Am That I Am