Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Book suggestions sticky

Quote Originally Posted by MIPatriot View Post
    Can anyone tell me who the Author of this book is?
    "Patriots. A Novel Of Survival In The Coming Collapse" by James Wesley, Rawles
    Support Your Local Militia.

Here's a few of the books that have left a significant impression upon me:

The Creature From Jekyll Island by Griffin
    Evangelical Answers by Svendsen
    Trance Formation of America by Phillips and O'brien
    The Thirteenth Tribe by Koestler
    The Dispossessed Majority by Allen
    Conspirator's Hierarchy by Coleman
    The Death of the West by Buchanan
    The Two Babylons by Hislop
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Have You Seen My Country Lately
    America's Wake-Up Call
    by Jerry Doyle, talk-radio host and actor
    Make America WELL Again !
    Even as men wrecked upon a sand, that look to be
    washed off the next tide.

Quote Originally Posted by gardengal View Post
    I'll second 'The Long Winter' by Laura Ingalls Wilder. In fact, the whole series of Little House books are great reads. Not just for kids, although they are written for a kid to understand. They have lots of good info on frontier living to be gleaned from them.

gardengal
    I agree. The same goes for the Julie of the Wolves series. Although it was written so that younger people could understand it, you learn a lot from them. It's about an Eskimo girl who gets lost in Alaska, and what she does to survive.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

I second tsherry's books also look for lights out by halfast although I understand the free copies are off now as in either a book deal happening or a cinama deal, also lot's of stuff still free on frugal squirrel by jerry young, tired old man, and fleataxi, and the newest star there kathyinfla in fact new writers starting all the time check out freedom of the hills story now in the third big section.,also Carla emory's emcyclopedia of country living, look on www.scrbd.com for cookbooks old and new. also lots of video out now as well, years ago you had to read lots to figure it out now many video's make it easier.

Default Revolutionary Language by David Calderwood

Revolutionary Language by David Calderwood is a libertarian novel chronicling the tribulations of a programmer who is imprisoned and had his assets stolen for unknowingly working for a company that was involved in illegal drugs. When paroled, he is forbidden to work with computers for life, and he can only find work as a custodian at a college. He meets a libertarian professor, through whom he gets a better understanding of the way governments really work. He writes some encryption software to allow people to hide transactions from the government, thereby avoiding taxes, so that the system will collapse sooner, but people will have some assets they were able to hide to aid in the rebuilding of society post collapse. The bureaucrat who had him imprisoned earlier becomes aware of his project, and... I'll leave the rest for you to read.

It is a well written and fast paced story, with good info on libertarian thought and information security woven skillfully into the story. It left me wondering what sort of an encryption system which is envisioned as enabling a competing banking system to be set up, could work. I suppose it would be like numbered Swiss bank accounts, but would take place in cyberspace. The Swiss caved to US pressure last year and failed to protect the privacy of clients as well as they had in the past. A cyberspace bank has to be somewhere, and it isn't very clear where the banker would go, or how they would evade the power of the American Empire. On the whole, to me the best way to protect assets is probably well hidden precious metals without a paper trail. Still it's an interesting story, and pgp and remailers are worth knowing about.

Default Some Pertinent Ply/Mil Sci-Fi books to hold you over

Michael Z. Williamson:
    Freehold
    The Weapon

Each one is 600+ pages and are good reads.
    God creates out of nothing. Wonderful you say. Yes, to be sure, but he does what is still more wonderful: he makes saints out of sinners. -- Soren Kierkegaard

Rebels & Redcoats: The American Revolution Through the Eyes of Those Who Fought and Lived It

George F. Scheer and Hugh F. Rankin

ISBN: 0-306-80307-0

Want to learn what happened during the American Revolution but hate text books? R&R brilliantly weaves together journals and documents from soldiers, patriots, and our founding fathers with a compelling narative which together paints a telling picture of what it truly means to earn independence.

This book reads like a well-written novel and will have you struggling to put it down. If you haven't found your inner patriot yet, this book will help you find it.

I give it 6 stars out of 5.

"If this were a dictatorship it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

- GW Bush

Default A few more Post apocalyptic reads.

I actually greatly enjoyed the TC Sherry books, Deep Winter and Shatter. I have read JW Rawles book Patriots I enjoyed the story. I was however unable to relate to the characters the way I was with the TC Sherry books. If We are talking post -apocalyptic fiction for mostly entertainment reading. I suggest Summer of the Apocalypse, James Van Pelt; Another Place to Die , Sam North and The World Ends at Hickory Hollow, Ardath Mayhar. Alas Babylon, Pat Frank, Earth Abides, JR Stewart.
    There are many others worth the time to read.

TS2 Guest

Default My favorite Novel is

"Unintended Consequences" by John Ross.
    I think it is a must-read!!
    http://www.john-ross.net/

http://www.booksamillion.com/product...=4199942969697
    Last edited by TS2; 04-20-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: incomplete submission