Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The King James Bible Defended

KingsX, I have to say that I've never heard an interpretation such as yours before.

Are you saying that you believe that only Israelites (whites) can be saved?

Also, are we now living during the 1000 yr. reign of Christ?

Just asking for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post
    We've already had this conversation before on another topic.

From Genesis when the 12 sons of Jacob [Israel] became the 12 tribes of Israel, God's chosen people...
    to Revelation where the New Jerusalem has 12 gates one for each of the 12 tribes of Israel to enter,
    the Bible is about God's relationship with one race, one people, God's special chosen people, Israel.

God incarnate, Jesus Christ, said He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. Jesus also said He has
    two sheepfolds. One tiny sheepfold was in the holy land... but the vast majority of Israelites, the much
    larger sheepfold was in the gentile nations where all 12 tribes of Israel had been scattered and lost since
    the 8th century BC and had become as gentiles. It was to these lost Israelites Jesus' disciples were sent
    and those Israelites became Christians. Just as Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd. I know My sheep
    and My sheep know Me." Israelites were first called Christians in the book of Acts. James 1:1 sends
    greetings in the name of Jesus Christ to all 12 tribes of Israelites scattered abroad. These were the
    wild olive branches grafted back on the olive tree [notice the branches and the tree are the same kind,
    olive, a Biblical symbol of Israel.] All 12 tribes became united again under the God of Israel incarnate,
    the offspring/heir of King David, the King of kings, Jesus Christ.

And you've avoided the question....can a black person or a Jew be saved and included in what you understand to be Israel? How about other non-white/germanic peoples? Can they be or become part of Jesus' race?
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb
    And you've avoided the question....can a black person or a Jew be saved and included in what you understand to be Israel? How about other non-white/germanic peoples?
    Yes, there is some confusion on my part, too, WR. I took it to mean that, No, only whites ( her interpretation of Israelites) can be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    Yes, there is some confusion on my part, too, WR. I took it to mean that, No, only whites ( her interpretation of Israelites) can be saved.
    Kings X and I have indeed already had this discussion. And what he or she seems unwilling to do is give a straight yes or no response...just waffling with opaque doctrinal positions.

But this is making my point better than any of my words could. We may have here a real time example of someone using Christianese to coax agreement while his or her ideas are quite different than what one might expect. A simple straight answer would clarify everything.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb
    Kings X and I have indeed already had this discussion. And what he seems unwilling to do is give a straight yes or no response...just waffling with opaque doctrinal positions.

But this is making my point better than any of my words could. We may have here a real time example of someone using Christianese to coax agreement while his or her ideas are quite different than what one might expect. A simple straight answer would clarify everything.
    I have no knowledge of your past discussion with her, or I don't remember it. Maybe she will clarify for the both of us. The answer should be easy enough.
    Last edited by Sherree; 11-13-2017 at 04:36 PM.

I have no knowledge of your past discussion with her, or I don't remember it. Maybe she will clarify for the both of us. The answer should be easy enough.
    Yeah, it should be easy. But if you noticed, there is a pattern. Everyone thinks they are G-d's approved, and everyone has an eschatology that so closely matches all the others that if things develop like most traditions think they will, all eschatologies will seem to be coming true simultaneously. But that's off topic, except for the common denominator that everyone thinks they are right, either about their doctrine or bible choices or their genetic make-up or relationship with G-d.

I wanted a straight answer here. No luck.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...n-September-23
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    I wanted a straight answer here. No luck.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...n-September-23
    Yep. I saw that thread, Bezzy, and others. Notice how this person never will come right out and say it. She (apparently a girl, go figure) continually waffles on the topic. Apparently she bears a certain shame 0r embarrassment regarding her own positions, as she won't come right out and say what she means. What really amazes me is how many others here seem to not care or think it to be no big deal, or G-d forbid, approve of it. Because very few are calling her out on it.

KingsX, I have to say that I've never heard an interpretation such as yours before.

Are you saying that you believe that only Israelites (whites) can be saved?

Also, are we now living during the 1000 yr. reign of Christ?

Just asking for clarification.

Instead of just giving a short answer... I took the liberty of giving a detailed Biblical explanation
    why God only has one special people, Israelites [yes, they are White] to whom God gave the
    promises. Israelites to and for whom Jesus came. Israelites who God foreknew, God justified
    and God glorified. The entire Bible revolves around God's relationship with Israel... other races
    are mentioned only when they interact with Israelites. In the OT, God was married to Israel
    and called Israelites His children.

When the non-Israelite woman came to Jesus for help, the disciples wanted Jesus to send her
    away. Jesus told her He was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel. But the woman persisted.
    Jesus told her it is not right to take the children's [ie, Israel's] bread and cast it to the dogs.
    She didn't argue. She said, yes, Lord, but dogs eat the crumbs that fall from the master's table.
    Jesus was impressed with her understanding and granted her request.

The church age, the 1000 year reigning with Christ, has ended. We are now in the terrible time
    of Gog/Magog's destroying global hordes invading the lands of God's Christian Israel people who
    have regressed into sinful rebellion. This is where God directly intervenes.
    The entire creation groans for the final manifestation of the sons of God [Israelites], their resurrection
    and translation into immortal bodies at Jesus' second coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post

Yep. I saw that thread, Bezzy, and others. Notice how this person never will come right out and say it. She (apparently a girl, go figure) continually waffles on the topic. Apparently she bears a certain shame 0r embarrassment regarding her own positions, as she won't come right out and say what she means. What really amazes me is how many others here seem to not care or think it to be no big deal, or G-d forbid, approve of it. Because very few are calling her out on it.

How ironic... Edomite "Jews" in Jesus' day said similar things about Him.

Their lack of understanding, overt attacks and repeated attempts to kill Jesus proved
    they didn't belong to Him because they were descendants of Edomite converts, not Israelites.