Thread: Secret Service Investigates Knoxville Resident

Default Secret Service Investigates Knoxville Resident

A Knoxville School Board member has resigned over a social media post he made about President Donald Trump.

| Updated: 1:53 PM CDT May 19, 2017

[IMG]https://hips.htvapps.com/htv-prod/ibmig/cms/image/kcci/14066534-14066534.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.00xh;0,0&resize=900:*[/IMG]

Secret Service investigating school board member’s anti-Trump post
    A Knoxville School Board member has resigned over a social media post he made about President Donald Trump.

|

KNOXVILLE, Iowa — A Knoxville School Board member has resigned over a social media post he made about President Donald Trump.

Advertisement

KNIA/KRLS reports that former school board member Mike Helle resigned after posting a message on Facebook suggesting President Trump be assassinated. The quote reads, “Trump (Twitter) needs to be neutralized. Trump needs to take in a show at Ford’s Theater.”
    The Knoxville Police Department confirmed they have been in touch with Secret Service agents regarding the comments made by Helle, according to the radio station.
    Knoxville Superintendent Cassi Pearson said the following statement was emailed to members of the school board Thursday at 10:08 p.m.:
    "I feel it is in the best interest of the Knoxville School District if I resign from the Knoxville School Board immediately.
    "I have enjoyed my 12 years on the board and I know that we have accomplished many positive things. Sincerely, Mike Helle"
    Helle told KNIA/KRLS “I have enjoyed serving on the board…and I know a lot of great things were done by all involved. Knoxville is lucky to have outstanding people who work for the school district. I don’t want to be a distraction because there is much heavy lifting left to do. If I could share one important thought with all of your listeners it would be to be careful of what you post online because one comment taken out of a string of back and forth post(s) can and will be taken out of context.”
    Pearson said the next regular school board meeting will be held Monday, May 22, and that the board will begin to discuss the process for filling the vacant school board seat.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    .... The quote reads, “Trump (Twitter) needs to be neutralized. Trump needs to take in a show at Ford’s Theater.”

If I could share one important thought with all of your listeners it would be to be careful of what you post online because one comment taken out of a string of back and forth post(s) can and will be taken out of context.”
    The obvious allusion aside, what context might he have had in mind?

O.W.

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    The obvious allusion aside, what context might he have had in mind?

O.W.

I've said far worse

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    I've said far worse
    But did ya write it on the interweb? It's just a really bad idea.

O.W.