Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Taboo subject...Romans 1

Quote Originally Posted by clearvoice View Post
    Thanks for the on-topic input and joining the fray.... I wish they would go to the alley and fight.
    Oh yeah. I forgot about the alley.
    I only visit there once in a blue moon as well.

Wait! Oops. I said I would not visit here anymore..........

runs away.....
    "How is it possible to have a civil war?" - George Carlin

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." - George Orwell

Thanks for the on-topic input and joining the fray.... I wish they would go to the alley and fight.
    Me too. I thought with a few pages of replies,I might read something interesting. Instead I get to read a cat fight. Seminary is still a mess.
    Mama Ten Bears

I don't have 10 children, but I did see 10 bears on vacation once. Thought it'd be a cool screen name.

Why do we need this?

Because people are sinners by nature and need instruction on how not to be stupid. That's is the only thing I can think of.
    Umm...I meant because it's icky, not because the law seems silly.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    Exactly. I don't know how she can continue to claim that she's not mocking Scripture when she clearly is. JGIG is insinuating that all those Israelites were just subject to the whims of a bipolar god, and she's the enlightened Christian who doesn't have to put up with such nonsense because Jesus died.

In other words, God made up a bunch of bull for the Hebrews to muck around with just for giggles, had all these OT prophets call that bull "truth" and "life", and then turn around 2000 years later and randomly change His mind and call everything He ever said before "bondage" and no longer true, thus making it a lie, thus making God a liar and a purveyor of bull. How is such a perverted theology NOT mockery?

That attitude sickens me, quite frankly. Making fun of believing what the Scriptures say is true is mockery any way you slice it. The logical conclusion to such reasoning is plainly evident to anyone who has eyes to see and ears to hear.
    actually i belive those rules were made so they will not get sick. them and the whole village afterwards.the same for the mold etc.it was not made up for giggles it was necessary at that time.when people increased their knowledge in those things it was not necessary anymore. my 2 cts.
    Listen to your CONSCIENCE for is YOUR GOD trying to REASON with you

Yes I believe that grace and YAHshua's blood brings salvation. I also have a great love and respect for ALL of Yah's word. Besides who would want to do such a thing??? No body in their right mind. Yucky and disgusting comes to mind. Two people drunk might do such a thing. The act would still be unrighteous due to their drinking and state of mind. (I didn't say they were going to hell--I said UNrighteous act) Only One was found worthy to judge. We can judge a situation according to His word...but only YAHshua decides who enters in and who doesn't. Again I say yucky!!!

The OP was about Romans 1:24-27 which is a fairly clear instruction that homosexual sex is wrong with an afterthought post from the OT regarding some of the health issue rules (regarding sex) spelled out by the LORD to those stone age people of the OT. They were not modern humans.

I think a lot of folks fail to grasp that they were primitive people. So many of the OT rules were meant to begin to civilize those folks in my view. That those rules were from the LORD is well understood (then and now) and failure to keep them had serious ramifications. So do violating some of the admonitions in the NT. Would not a good FATHER provide good advice about the best way to go about living? My earthly father was stern in my raising and I was at times in the raising of my sons and g'sons. Violating rules for good living always have ramifications. I and mine learned the hard way often enough. Many modern and ancient people don't and didn't get it.

So then the thread goes 7 pages of BS arguing. Sometimes I really wonder about folks here. Can't see the forest for the trees comes to mind...or straining at gnats...or something about planks and eyes, inter alia.

Default You cannot separate Torah from Messiah .

Quote Originally Posted by grampster View Post
    The OP was about Romans 1:24-27 which is a fairly clear instruction that homosexual sex is wrong with an afterthought post from the OT regarding some of the health issue rules (regarding sex) spelled out by the LORD to those stone age people of the OT. They were not modern humans.

I think a lot of folks fail to grasp that they were primitive people. So many of the OT rules were meant to begin to civilize those folks in my view. That those rules were from the LORD is well understood (then and now) and failure to keep them had serious ramifications. So do violating some of the admonitions in the NT. Would not a good FATHER provide good advice about the best way to go about living? My earthly father was stern in my raising and I was at times in the raising of my sons and g'sons. Violating rules for good living always have ramifications. I and mine learned the hard way often enough. Many modern and ancient people don't and didn't get it.

So then the thread goes 7 pages of BS arguing. Sometimes I really wonder about folks here. Can't see the forest for the trees comes to mind...or straining at gnats...or something about planks and eyes, inter alia.
    Humans are no different today... wow sir , forgive me but to say "stone age people of the OT" you really are naive to think modern society is any different.

And to think today , The same abominations are quite visible , and very near and dear to the hearts of many sinners, even encouraged by the progressive "tolerant" people.

I suppose your view of the Torah is no different , that Torah is an archaic set of obsolete rules ... and this is perhaps telling of how far we are removed from true Holiness.

<< 1 John 3:4 >>

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

The condition of the world before Messiah returns ...

<< Matthew 24:11 >>

English Standard Version (©2001)
    And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.

<< Matthew 24:12 >>

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold.

You cannot separate Torah from Messiah .

What a frightful view you have .. how perplexing, "Stone Age" incredible!

Only frightful due to the fact you completely misunderstood my comments. As such, you are trapped in the arguing rather than understanding the OP.

Scripture is and the Word is timeless. The Truth is immutable. The Truth never changes. It is what It is and was and will be. It is applicable at all times. Humans need to mold themselves to the Truth, not remold the Truth into something suitable to particular circumstance or misunderstanding.

But there is always context. What do you suppose would be the view of a herdsman of 200 BC plucked out of his time and place and put in any large city in the world of today? I suppose he'd think he was surrounded by demons. (He might be correct) One of the faults of modern day people, no matter when that "modern" day is or was, is to assume that all cultures at all times are identical and the context is static. That misunderstanding has caused much strife and miscommunication, and serves to block the Truth. Many would understand who might be the father of that. You may have noticed that some cultures that don't have the Word are not much changed from stone age tribal cultures. The Word prepares us as well as saves us.

The OP, imho, was about Truth and how it has become distorted, rejected, ignored, mocked etc etc., and further, that it was dicey talking about the Truth of Romans 1:24-27. It appeared to me that the OT reference had the same viewpoint, but was in a different context; a tribalist time, pre-Messiah. A time of preparation.

Yes humans are the same. But we are also different insofar as the circumstances we find ourselves, culturally and in time. There is nothing changed in Scripture. Jesus Himself said that it was not, even a jot. It applies equally at all times, but shaped so that we may come to be brought into the light because of it no matter when. But all things are fulfilled in Him as He has said, and we need to keep our eye on Him, Who is the Word, then, now and in the future.

Do you not accept the NT? If you do, then you should understand that the NT is the fulfillment of the OT. OT is not changed, just fulfilled. There is a difference between fulfilled and changed. Why is that such a stumbling block? But then, He said He would be a stumbling block and that He would divide even families. So it is not surprising that some are still wandering in the desert.

Please forgive my following example as being oversimplistic and that it perhaps even might offend some. The OT is like an auto assembly line; a process full of the proper way it is to work in order to fulfill the object it is intended to produce. The NT is the completed product. Nothing has changed except that the job is now done.

Now each of us must conform ourselves as redeemed individuals, to the Truth and the Light and the Way. Jesus, Messiah, said "It is finished". The assembly line is complete and we are the finished product, a product of His sacrifice, life, death, resurrection and bringing of the light into the world. We should now live as finished products. Yes, we need maintenance but we still are complete. Perhaps that is the hardest part of living as redeemed; that we believe that we are redeemed regardless of the occasional flat tire or blown hose. But each of us has gifts and those gifts are not all the same, as a Chevy is not a Cadillac. We do have the one feature we all have been given, which is Love. So maybe we should act in Love, not strife and argument.

Galatians 3:10-13 -- For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.

i'm not a bible scholar and i don't follow the law,the above says it is a curse.

Default For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebee View Post
    Galatians 3:10-13 -- For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.

i'm not a bible scholar and i don't follow the law,the above says it is a curse.

Jimmy it says your cursed if you don't continue in the things written in the book of the law to do them, it doesn't say your cursed if you keep them.

Deuteronomy 30

11“For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. 12“It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 13“Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 14“But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

Choose Life

15“See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity; 16in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it. 17“But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them, 18I declare to you today that you shall surely perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess it. 19“I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, 20by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”