Thread: From where did the name "palestinian" come?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post
    So the basis of my question; if their prior possession thousands of years ago is a legitimate reason for the land to have been returned to the Jews by the UN, shouldn't the land of the United States be returned to the control of the Native American Indians by the same logic?
    Actually, the U.N. has already done this and your land may not be your land anymore!

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2007/ga10612.doc.htm
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Son of George View Post
    Actually, the U.N. has already done this and your land may not be your land anymore!

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2007/ga10612.doc.htm
    well yeah, I know :P Leave it to you lol

But, all jest aside, back to my point, those who control the laws in this country are not the Native American Indians, and the logic in the argument in the OP, if applied across the board to the United States would mean the Native Americans should be in charge of the United States since they were here first.

I'm wondering if the OP would support the United States being turned back over to the Native American Indians to govern in the same way this land in the middle east was turned over to Israel to (re)create the nation of Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by Theresej View Post
    well yeah, I know :P Leave it to you lol

But, all jest aside, back to my point, those who control the laws in this country are not the Native American Indians, and the logic in the argument in the OP, if applied across the board to the United States would mean the Native Americans should be in charge of the United States since they were here first.

I'm wondering if the OP would support the United States being turned back over to the Native American Indians to govern in the same way this land in the middle east was turned over to Israel to (re)create the nation of Israel?
    If the indigenous people of any other land were to have 5,000 (+/-) year old documentation supported by third party documentation that the land was deeded to them by the original owner then I suspect the OP would support their claim.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Comparing Israel's possession of Israell with the possession of land in the USA is really more like comparing apples with oranges. The only commonality being that they are each, fruit.

The acerage in the middleast that God apportioned as Israel belongs NOT to people. It belongs to HIM! As the rightful owner of that land, HE decides who lives there and who doesn't. There are tons of scriptures in JOEL alone if you want to look them up. I've pasted a few of those references in another thread.
    God himself had much to say about whose land it is, and who he intends it for. Any protest regarding the Israeli occupation is an argument against God's desires and wishes. Conversely, the Indians came from hither, thither and yon also, same as we did. They conquered territories from other tribes, while eventually the brits won out over them. But Jesus hasn't mourned over the usA wishing that like chicks they would come under his wing, like he did Israel.

The only way for the middle east to make sense, is to see it from GOD'S pov, and not via the logic of man. Using man's logic, no nation would live anyplace on the earth because all lands have been conquered by somebody. Israel however, is different. It's God's.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ms. America View Post
    Comparing Israel's possession of Israell with the possession of land in the USA is really more like comparing apples with oranges. The only commonality being that they are each, fruit.

The acerage in the middleast that God apportioned as Israel belongs NOT to people. It belongs to HIM! As the rightful owner of that land, HE decides who lives there and who doesn't. There are tons of scriptures in JOEL alone if you want to look them up. I've pasted a few of those references in another thread.
    God himself had much to say about whose land it is, and who he intends it for. Any protest regarding the Israeli occupation is an argument against God's desires and wishes. Conversely, the Indians came from hither, thither and yon also, same as we did. They conquered territories from other tribes, while eventually the brits won out over them. But Jesus hasn't mourned over the usA wishing that like chicks they would come under his wing, like he did Israel.

The only way for the middle east to make sense, is to see it from GOD'S pov, and not via the logic of man. Using man's logic, no nation would live anyplace on the earth because all lands have been conquered by somebody. Israel however, is different. It's God's.
    ^^^ Now that's right. When the Jews came back just before 1948, the land of Israel was a wasteland. With hard work and a lot of help from God, the Israelis turned the land into a garden. Then, and only then, did the migrants come in to find work. These are mostly the people who make up the "Palestinians".

Mark Twain's comments on the land of Israel:
    Mark Twain in the Holy Land

Mark Twain visited Israel in 1867, and published his impressions in Innocents Abroad. He described a desolate country – devoid of both vegetation and human population:
    “….. A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds… a silent mournful expanse…. a desolation…. we never saw a human being on the whole route…. hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country.”
    He was amazed by the smallness of the city of Jerusalem:
    “A fast walker could go outside the walls of Jerusalem and walk entirely around the city in an hour. I do not know how else to make one understand how small it is.”
    And he described the Temple Mount thus:
    “The mighty Mosque of Omar, and the paved court around it, occupy a fourth part of Jerusalem. They are upon Mount Moriah, where King Solomon’s Temple stood. This Mosque is the holiest place the Mohammedan knows, outside of Mecca. Up to within a year or two past, no christian could gain admission to it or its court for love or money. But the prohibition has been removed, and we entered freely for bucksheesh.”
    Chapters 45-56 of Innocents Abroad can be read on Shechem.org.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.