The Tree Of Liberty The Tree Of Liberty  

Go Back   The Tree Of Liberty > Public > Committees of Correspondence

Committees of Correspondence Hard News And Discussion Amongst Citizens Of The Tree

Old 03-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Senator

Default Monsanto’s Roundup is Causing DNA Damage

Monsanto’s Roundup is Causing DNA Damage

There is a reason that masks are worn while applying herbicides and warning signs are erected upon recently sprayed land plots — herbicide exposure is known to cause serious health complications. New research has recently been released showing that glyphosate, the main active ingredient found in Monsanto’s Roundup Ultra Max, is causing both DNA and cellular damage to cells found in the mouth and throat. Seeing as the inhalation of herbicides and ingredients like glyphosate is very common, this research alone is enough to raise concern over the safety of such substances which are used on a major scale.

Click title for more.
[Daniel 12:10b]
Old 03-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Esquire

They soaked epithelial cells in Roundup. As always, in vitro studies only reveal possible lines of inquiry in vivo.

The article is disingenuous, because it extrapolates effects on actual humans from in vitro lab testing.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Tree of Liberty Moderator

WHY can't reporters understand that difference, Dis? (yeah, I know, they don't WANT to... or if they do, they don't care... it doesn't make the "sexy" headlines, and they know their readers don't care about the science, either. Sigh..)

I strongly suspect that almost every household chemical we use, and many strong herbs and spices, would give similar results under similar testing.

It seems disingenuous at best to think that a chemical that gets absorbed by the capillary system of plants and can kill that plant within 48 hours *wouldn't* have some fairly toxic effects *in high enough doses* and if humans are exposed directly to that chemical.

Which means, I suppose, that you probably don't want to picnic in that new corn field while they're spraying it with Roundup.

Then again, given the attire I see suburban homeowners wearing while they spray Roundup and FAR more sinister chemicals around, I have to wonder at the common sense and sense of self-preservation of most Americans these days. I've seen people wearing shorts and flipflops, running around with their little pump or backpack sprayer and spraying their lawns, gardens- and themselves- with abandon. Silly humans.

Summerthyme
Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Congressman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
I've seen people wearing shorts and flipflops, running around with their little pump or backpack sprayer and spraying their lawns, gardens- and themselves- with abandon. Silly humans.

Summerthyme
Maybe they are candidates for the Darwin awards? I quit using ANY kind of chemicals around the house after I had sprayed for an ant invasion. Ants refused to cross the line all right, they just STAYED in the house. Found them taking up residence under our wood shingles.