The Tree Of Liberty The Tree Of Liberty  

Go Back   The Tree Of Liberty > Public > Committees of Correspondence

Committees of Correspondence Hard News And Discussion Amongst Citizens Of The Tree

Old 01-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Land Owner

A lot of those Armories serve entire regions. When I was Reserve and later Guard there where times I had to drive half way across the state just to go to drill.

If you are reading this. You are the resistance.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Land Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhenderson View Post
I just pulled ours up on Google Earth and in June 2011 the lot was maybe 1/8 full, now it is full to the max. It has been filling up for some time now. Now is this some evil planning? I don't know what it is, but I would like to know if it is happening in other areas of the Country. Too much hardware for Podunk.
Quote:
Now I would add this. Some of this stuff is painted like it came out of one of the sand boxes, most of it is painted the greenland camouflage pattern.

Now this buildup looks like it began after June 2011. In August 2011 our Governor signed into law our new State Militia law so they may have a link with each other. Just don't know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdra...wal_.282011.29

FS-14087, MERDC, or CARC/SCAPP camo on the woodland camo vehicles?

Vehicle types? HMMWV, M35's, M54's, M113's, M2/M3/M6/M7's, M1's, M109's, HEMTT's, MTVR's, M-ATV's, M1126's, M1128's, M1117's, ect??

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31
--------------------------------

"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" - George S. Patton, Jr
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Esquire

Exclamation Ohios Armories and units

On every question of construction, let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted,recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying to figure out what meaning may be squeezed out of the text,or invented against it,let us instead,conform to the probable meaning in which it was passed.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Esquire

There's an armory in Kansas City KS. that I've noticed has been filling up with vehicles also. When I was a kid, there were always several vehicles at this armory, but the past few years (10-15) they have been pretty bare. Last time I drove by it, there were about 2 dozen vehicles of different models, so yes, I suppose it could be said that that armory is stocking up.

"The preservation of liberty through morality"
Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weps View Post
I don't know why we would be storing armored Humvees or M1117 armored security vehicles for any kind of hurricane relief? Maybe some of the members that would know why could enlighten us.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Land Owner

Anybody in NE Ohio? Is the Ravenna Arsenal still operating? I remember it was so big they had to worry about managing the deer inside.
Don't know it's official designation.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Judge

Location: Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

Ref Ravenna:

Camp Ravenna Joint Military Training Center, formerly known as the Ravenna Training and Logistics Site and the Ravenna Army Ammunition Plant (RVAAP)[1] and commonly known as the Ravenna Arsenal, is an Ohio Army National Guard military base located between Ravenna and Newton Falls and adjacent to the village of Windham in the U.S. state of Ohio. Before its present status as a training facility for the Ohio National Guard, Camp Ravenna was a military ammunition production facility for the United States Army. As an arsenal, the facility was at peak operation during World War II and would serve as an ammunitions plant in various roles until 1992. Camp Ravenna remains an important part of the history and geography of Portage County, Ohio.[2] The facility occupies portions of Freedom, Windham, Charlestown, and Paris townships in Portage County, along with part of Braceville Township in Trumbull County.

With history:

Meanwhile, transfer of the facility was ultimately made to the Ohio National Guard, although there were several intermediate caretakers. In 1983, Firestone sold its contract to Physics International Company. Ten years later, Mason & Hangar-Silas Mason Company, Inc. assumed caretaker status.[1]

The Ravenna Training and Logistics Site of the Ohio National Guard began as a tenant unit of the Army facility, which at that time was officially designated the Ravenna Army Ammunition Plant (RVAAP). 16,164 acres (65 km2) of the facility were included in the RTLS tenancy by May 16, 1999. On January 16, 2002, transfer of this land was made to the RTLS, and the RVAAP became a tenant site of the RTLS – essentially switching the roles of the two facilities.[1] The site is now known as Camp Ravenna Joint Military Training Center and currently occupies approximately 93% of the land originally covered by the RVAAP.[9]

On September 11, 2007, the facility was opened to invited guests and members of the news media for a tour. At this tour, it was revealed that the RTLS would eventually encompass the 21,500 acres (87 km2) formerly known as the Ravenna Arsenal. At that time, only 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) remained under RVAAP control.[10]

Watching the chips fall, one at a time.....
===========================================
Remember this:Love Is A Decision.
tim
(thanks, old friend)
===========================================

night driver's I-garage:
http://rollin-home.blogspot.com/
http://blue-mud-patriot.blogspot.com/
Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Esquire

Well there is an armory controlled by the U.S. Government in Evansville Indiana, 30 miles from my a.o. HOWEVER there IS another armory controlled by yours truly.....a lot closer I would add

Catch me on The Pathfinder live on Just Measures Radio 8-10pm central

MOLON LABE /// SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

http://www.justmeasurescs.com

http://www.rdbmin.com

TEAGHLACH GU BRATH
Old 01-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattybumppo View Post
Well there is an armory controlled by the U.S. Government in Evansville Indiana, 30 miles from my a.o. HOWEVER there IS another armory controlled by yours truly.....a lot closer I would add
I like the way you think/prepare. Another poster told me the other day not to worry. I'm not worried just curious. I'll be worried if I go by and the Armory has been emptied out.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Senator

Quote:
I like the way you think/prepare. Another poster told me the other day not to worry. I'm not worried just curious. I'll be worried if I go by and the Armory has been emptied out.
M-O-O-N, that spells opportunity. Don't want to be caught flat-footed when the Trashcan Man goes rolling.