The Tree Of Liberty  

Go Back   The Tree Of Liberty > Public > The Kitchen > The Parlor

The Parlor Sewing , Crafts, and Home Making

Old 11-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Land Owner

Okay--don't go to the email, go to the website! LOL

I just got off of the phone with the wife/mother...they are still selling their socks, they've got more coming in in the next week or so. The 4-6 size will fit up to an 8, if you like them tighter, but sloppier, go larger.

Rachel
Old 11-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Land Owner

Just remembered...a manufacturer in NC...if they're still in business...is called Thorlo. Visit their site: http://www.thorlo.com They also sell seconds but you may have to ask about those. As for 100% wool...not sure. They have really nice socks.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Tree of Liberty Moderator

Try here:

http://www.customwoolenmills.com/custom/socks.asp

100% wool. The price isn't half bad, either.

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein
Old 11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Congressman

I've bought socks from The Sock Company for years. They are good people to deal with. They have a huge selection of socks, so you may have to hunt for a while but I did find these.

http://www.sockcompany.com/elhusbootsoc.html

There are only two types of warriors in this world. Those that serve tyrants and those that serve free men. I have chosen to serve free men, and if we as warriors serve free men, we must love freedom more than we love our own lives. -- Sergeant First Class Stefan Mazak, 5th Special Forces Group

"Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours." – Rich Mullins
Old 11-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Citizen

Mohair (angora goat) can replace nylon to prevent wearing out of toes and heels. Avoid merino for socks as it is simply not a durable wool fibre (fibres are too short, will pill and abrade). There are many yarns combining mohair and wool which would make a durable sock yarn.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Senator

100 percent wool socks here: http://www.foxsox.com/company/index.aspx

Hope you can find what you need. It took a bit of looking by they are ALL wool. AL
Old 11-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Land Owner

I got the socks I ordered from the family business---niiiiiiiice. Wearing a pair now. Feet are warm without being overly so. I wear a 9ish (ladies) but got the 4-6 size (sizes are given in Men's, I believe), and they fit comfortably.

VERY nice company. I talked to the owner for a while on the phone, and I really liked her. Being a family run business, it seems worthwhile to support them as much as I can. And they are very Christian, if that helps anyone else (always nice to be able to support a brother or sister ).

Rachel
Old 11-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Citizen

If you have a Walgreens near you, they have a bin of very nice wool socks on sale. 100% wool, very soft, and they are in 2 packs at 2 / $10 - which means 4 pairs of wool socks for $10! You can't beat that!

And best of all, they are made in the USA - that's hard to find these days.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Merchant

Okay, Ya'll, these aren't cheep, but they are guaranteed to be the warmest socks you have ever worn.
Buffalo and Cashmere. Buffalo is warmer than wool, and believe it or not the cashmere blended in makes these less expensive.
http://www.paradisefibers.net/Buffal...ks-p/47395.htm

The buffalo fiber is a by-product of the meat industry and the yarn is made here in the good old USA. I honestly don't know if the socks are or not, but I have met the owner of Buffalo Gold and form talking to him I'd bet he found a place in country to make them, but I cna't say for sure.