Page 188 of 238 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2376

Thread: The Ebola News Digest

  1. #1871
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    American South
    Posts
    16,633

    Default Ms Hickox

    Quarantined Nurse Can Go Home if C.D.C. Approves, Christie Says
    A nurse who recently returned from West Africa and was quarantined for the past three days in a tent behind a New Jersey hospital despite having no symptoms associated with Ebola will be allowed to return home to serve out the rest of her mandatory quarantine.
    Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, in a brief interview, said that he expected her to be transferred Monday morning after doctors and federal officials signed off on the plan.
    The treatment of the nurse, Kaci Hickox, has drawn withering criticism from both public health officials and the nurse herself. Ms. Hickox lives in Fort Kent, Maine.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/ny...tie-says.html?

  2. #1872
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    266

  3. #1873
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    American South
    Posts
    16,633

    Default Asia

    In addition to the possible Ebola casse in Thailand mentioned in a different threat, there also is a possible case in Japan --
    The Japanese media is reporting Japanís first suspected case of Ebola.

    A man arriving at Haneda Airport on the evening of October 27th after spending time in Liberia was showing symptoms of a fever. He was taken to the National Center for Global Health and Medicine in Shinjuku. The man is said to be in his forties.

    Tests are being done and the government has said they cannot confirm that he has had contact with an Ebola patient.

    The unnamed man is a 45-year-old journalist, according to the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry and police. He had been resident in Liberia from August until October 18th, after which he came back to Japan via Belgium and the UK.

    He has a very high fever of 37.5 degrees Celsius (99.5 degrees Fahrenheit) and tests are being done to see if he has been infected by a tropical diseases, including the Ebola virus.
    The results of initial tests will arrive in the early hours of October 28th.

    http://www.japantrends.com/first-sus...ted-for-virus/


  4. #1874
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    American South
    Posts
    16,633

    Default Cases

    NYT Graphics ‏@nytgraphics 1h1 hour ago
    Tally of #Ebola cases is now more than 10,000. Updated maps and charts at
    http://nyti.ms/1mDzU4n



  5. #1875
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godwit View Post
    In addition to the possible Ebola casse in Thailand mentioned in a different threat, there also is a possible case in Japan --
    The Japanese media is reporting Japan’s first suspected case of Ebola.

    A man arriving at Haneda Airport on the evening of October 27th after spending time in Liberia was showing symptoms of a fever. He was taken to the National Center for Global Health and Medicine in Shinjuku. The man is said to be in his forties.

    Tests are being done and the government has said they cannot confirm that he has had contact with an Ebola patient.

    The unnamed man is a 45-year-old journalist, according to the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry and police. He had been resident in Liberia from August until October 18th, after which he came back to Japan via Belgium and the UK.

    He has a very high fever of 37.5 degrees Celsius (99.5 degrees Fahrenheit) and tests are being done to see if he has been infected by a tropical diseases, including the Ebola virus.
    The results of initial tests will arrive in the early hours of October 28th.

    http://www.japantrends.com/first-sus...ted-for-virus/

    99.5 is "a very high fever"?
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
    • Pray
    • Prep
    • Patience

  6. #1876
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    American South
    Posts
    16,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    99.5 is "a very high fever"?
    Not really -- just quoting what they said justified their concern. The fact is that everyone is nervous, so every instance of fever, vomiting or diarrhea makes people jump.

  7. #1877
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godwit View Post
    Quarantined Nurse Can Go Home if C.D.C. Approves, Christie Says
    A nurse who recently returned from West Africa and was quarantined for the past three days in a tent behind a New Jersey hospital despite having no symptoms associated with Ebola will be allowed to return home to serve out the rest of her mandatory quarantine.
    Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, in a brief interview, said that he expected her to be transferred Monday morning after doctors and federal officials signed off on the plan.
    The treatment of the nurse, Kaci Hickox, has drawn withering criticism from both public health officials and the nurse herself. Ms. Hickox lives in Fort Kent, Maine.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/ny...tie-says.html?
    The MSM doesn't detail what the nurse's conditions were. They keep saying she was in the hospital. She wasn't. I don't think she would've complained so much had she been treated humanely. At least the NY Times got it right and said she was in a tent. The other stories I'm reading make it sound like she was being kept in a hospital. She didn't even have access to running water.

  8. #1878
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abvp View Post
    The MSM doesn't detail what the nurse's conditions were. They keep saying she was in the hospital. She wasn't. I don't think she would've complained so much had she been treated humanely. At least the NY Times got it right and said she was in a tent. The other stories I'm reading make it sound like she was being kept in a hospital. She didn't even have access to running water.
    I sort of wonder if they were using this to test equipment (including the tent) they anticipate would be deployed were the number of cases to exceed bed space in the hospitals.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
    • Pray
    • Prep
    • Patience

  9. #1879
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    American South
    Posts
    16,633

    Default Soldiers

    Rachel Graham ‏@rachels_aria 42m42 minutes ago
    #US soldiers returning from #Liberia monitored for #Ebola in #Italy
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-ou...ation-in-italy … via @cbsnews

    FILOVIR ‏@filovir 34m34 minutes ago

    None of dozen US soldiers monitored in Italy has shown any #Ebola-like symptom, Pentagon reassures
    http://af.reuters.com/article/guinea...0SM1JQ20141027


    zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 10m10 minutes ago
    Pentagon To Quarantine Troops Returning From West Africa For 21 Days
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...africa-21-days

  10. #1880
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    The way this whole thing is being handled, by damn near everybody, is nothing but one big Charlie Foxtrot. I fully expect that by the middle of next year, Ebola will be firmly entrenched here in the states.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •