Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
How am I supposed to judge based on just this information? It's too sparse.

If I had to judge at all, I would ask the soldier this:

You swore an oath to protect the Constitution. What were you doing as part of an occupation force in a foreign country and shooting foreign men? Were they a threat to the Constitution?
Miradus,
Glad everything in your life is that cut and dry. I have deployed as both soldier and contractor. Nothing in Afghaniland is simple. The .gov sends soldiers over then ties their hands with the silliest of ROE. Basically get blown up or shot then you can shoot back.
I am currently in Tarin Kowt afghaniland. I arrived Feb 1 2012, since my arrival I have been to 36 memorial services. Some soldiers were known to me and some not. Of the 36, 30 of them were killed by the very afghani soldiers and police they were training. What is worse than that you may ask??? The guns used to kill coalition forces had PROPERTY OF US GOVT stamped on the side. We are here to train, mentor, and fight as necessary.
Now if this LT made a call based on the information available then the US should stand behind him regardless. Unfortunately during my 4 army deployments and now the contractor deployment I have witnessed many a career and more importantly lives destroyed because the F'd up army and .gov wants to be politically correct regardless the cost.
Next time you want to ask a STUPID question think about it first and if you still want to ask it then folks who are and have been here will tell you once again you are foolish.