Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid people more likely to believe in God!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's not where you are, It's where your at!

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    Wow, I'll bet the founding fathers, just about EVERY civil war general, multiple world leaders and physicists will be interested to discover how stupid they were.
    This is just the big build up to the mandatory pick up of all conservative Christians. They are too stupid to be allow to live in Omugabe's new nation.

Quote Originally Posted by MsPaulRevere View Post
    This is just the big build up to the mandatory pick up of all conservative Christians. They are too stupid to be allow to live in Omugabe's new nation.
    Which is extraordinarily unlikely as the manpower required to do such a pickup over such a wide geographic area would number in the millions and take weeks, at which point resistance would rapidly come together in the face of such a clear and obvious threat.

What? You want PROOF? Okay. Here's a Gallup poll that says 77 percent of respondents--which if applied universally means 77 percent of the United States--identifies as Christian.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159548/id...christian.aspx

Even if you remove the Catholics and Mormons--as some do, not without reason--that's still just over 50 percent of the country. You suggest a "mandatory pick up" of EVERY OTHER PERSON IN THE COUNTRY.

Of course, I note you say "conservative Christian." That does change things a bit, as not every Christian is conservative. So let's assume that "conservative" Christians are a tiny minority. Let's say 10 percent.

This still leaves us with a total "mandatory pick up" of somewhere around 18 million people. Across an area measuring 2,428,213,120 acres.

Please, consider the mechanics of this sort of thing.

It's not where you are, It's where your at!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Which is extraordinarily unlikely as the manpower required to do such a pickup over such a wide geographic area would number in the millions and take weeks, at which point resistance would rapidly come together in the face of such a clear and obvious threat.
    If your credit cards don't work, your bank accounts are closed, your not allowed to work or eat you will go where they tell you to go and that is the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MsPaulRevere View Post
    If your credit cards don't work, your bank accounts are closed, your not allowed to work or eat you will go where they tell you to go and that is the plan.
    Those type of Christians deserve to suffer and many will fall away.

Put ALL of your faith in the Lord, not the government. There WILL be a clear signal where you have to choose who you will follow.

Choose wisely.

No credit cards, no money in the bank, they can't stop me from working and they can't stop me from eating. There's absolutely no way they can force me into doing anything. I'll laugh at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    Those type of Christians deserve to suffer and many will fall away.

Put ALL of your faith in the Lord, not the government. There WILL be a clear signal where you have to choose who you will follow.

Choose wisely.

No credit cards, no money in the bank, they can't stop me from working and they can't stop me from eating. There's absolutely no way they can force me into doing anything. I'll laugh at them.
    See, you get it. Shut down the system for those "conservative Christians" and there's a fair chance they'll have other plans in mind.

Of course, taking out 5-50 percent of the market would probably be the death knell for the wider economy too. Mechanics, folks, mechanics. Consider the HOW, not just the WHAT.

If nothing else, I am happy every day that I am not a social scientist. The confounding variables seem a bit too, uh, confounding and I'm not sure that the applications are all that exciting either. Unless we are assuming a causal relationship whereby religion is the cause of the stupidity, I'm not sure how these conclusions translate to useful action anyway.

Assuming, of course, that you are still free and in control of your own actions. Once they lock you up in a camp, like the Jews in the Holocaust, you won't have much choice. You'll work all day long and eat when, and if, they let you.

All you will have is your faith to get you through. Everything else will be out of your control.

That being said, if I'm wrong, all I've done is live a good life and die into nothingness, having regretted nothing.

But if he's wrong, he's lived a life of sin and will be damned for all eternity in a place of pain and sorrow.

I'll take my chances, Thank you. I'm pretty sure I'm right and if I'm not, I've lost nothing.

He seems pretty sure he's right, but if he's not, he's lost EVERYTHING.

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf
    - The Tree of Liberty's Avon Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post
    Assuming, of course, that you are still free and in control of your own actions. Once they lock you up in a camp, like the Jews in the Holocaust, you won't have much choice. You'll work all day long and eat when, and if, they let you.

All you will have is your faith to get you through. Everything else will be out of your control.
    I'm not in control now. All I have is my faith to get me through. What would be the difference between my life now and my life in a camp?

In a camp, I still have choice. I choose if I want to get up and work or get beaten. I choose whether I eat or starve, or whether they force feed me.

You always have a choice. Nobody on the face of this planet can ever take choice away from you. But all choices have consequences, and quite often you are limited to only a series of unpleasant outcomes from your choices.

In a camp, I still have choice. I choose if I want to get up and work or get beaten. I choose whether I eat or starve, or whether they force feed me.
    In The First Circle, Solzhenitsyn said people first found freedom when they got to the Gulag. When everything of value had been taken from them, there were no threats left that had any meaning. A prisoner could disobey without worrying that he was condemning his family, because his family was already beyond reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post

A better response, of course, would have been "IF" they lock you up in a camp, like the Jews in the holocaust.

Suggest you catch the Daniel Craig movie "Defiance" for portrayals of evidence to the contrary.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034303/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2